Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

“I always have a choice”

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    “I always have a choice”

    This is an interesting essay:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    #2
    Her attitude is admirable even if it comes close to being one of those statements where the person seems almost glad to have a debilitating illness. It isn't one of those statements, though!

    Would it be OK with you if I reposted that link on the ALS board here? Or you could?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      I agree with the basic premise.....I do always have a choice. But I would like to have the options open, the option to choose death. I'm not talking about suicide...but am talking about the right to die with at least some shred of dignity left. Doctor assisted suicide, for example...
      ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

      Comment


        #4
        Yes, I think she implies that too?

        After reading the article I felt a lot better about leaning on friends for help.

        Go for it Agate!

        Comment


          #5
          This was a very good article. Thanks for posting it. Support dignity in death. That's a slogan I could get behind.
          Linda~~~~

          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

          Comment


            #6
            This does apply to a lot of us, no matter if it's ALS or MS,, very thought out artcle,,good one BBS
            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

            Peg

            Comment


              #7
              Someone else who has ALS is Stephen Hawking who has beat all the facts about ALS. Look him up if you don't know who he is.
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                He must be about 75 now? I found this about him but it was written in 2012:

                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Nice movie about Hawking, the Einstein of today
                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  Comment


                    #10
                    His mind combined with his body is a perfect combination for who he is and what he does. I think his tremendous mind is why he is still alive. He was driven to excel at what he does. His mind is always working overtime, and it has no distractions.

                    He was even on an episode of Star Trek as himself, which he loved.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Howie, he has also been on The Big Bang Theory.

                      ANN
                      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                      Comment


                        #12
                        He is an amazing person. I keep waiting to see what he'll try next!


                        Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                        Comment


                          #13
                          He has recently warned of the dangers of artificial intelligence to the human race. Think The Matrix.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            He has also warned about sending the messages into space telling about us, and where we are located. The wrong folks may be listening.
                            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                            Albert Einstein

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Yes, I agree with him on both accounts.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X