Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nursing home model

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Nursing home model

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    #2
    This sounds really encouraging, and they've built some places for people with MS.

    It's not clear whether a resident in one of the Green Houses would have roommates. My guess is that there would be a roommate or maybe several.

    I'd prefer no roommate or at least a roommate I could get along with.

    I have a friend who's in a nursing home (in MA), and she has a couple of roommates. She has to be careful not to disturb them, and I know they're disturbing her. It's hard if you need your rest to be thrown together with people you know little about, people who might be loud and inconsiderate.

    Let's face it--I'd like a college dorm. Except that even in a college dorm you're stuck with eating what someone else cooks, and often those who do the cooking do an indifferent job of it.

    I'd like to stay where I am and eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it, and if I need help, it will suddenly be there instantly in the form of calm, trained assistants who will do what needs doing.

    Oh, and the assistants can be nice guys who are eye candy.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by agate View Post
      This sounds really encouraging, and they've built some places for people with MS.

      It's not clear whether a resident in one of the Green Houses would have roommates. My guess is that there would be a roommate or maybe several.

      I'd prefer no roommate or at least a roommate I could get along with.

      I have a friend who's in a nursing home (in MA), and she has a couple of roommates. She has to be careful not to disturb them, and I know they're disturbing her. It's hard if you need your rest to be thrown together with people you know little about, people who might be loud and inconsiderate.

      Let's face it--I'd like a college dorm. Except that even in a college dorm you're stuck with eating what someone else cooks, and often those who do the cooking do an indifferent job of it.

      I'd like to stay where I am and eat what I want to eat when I want to eat it, and if I need help, it will suddenly be there instantly in the form of calm, trained assistants who will do what needs doing.

      Oh, and the assistants can be nice guys who are eye candy.

      My sentiments exactly Agate!
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Eye candy here, did someone call?
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          I've always said that nursing homes are neither homes, nor provide good nursing.... If I live longer than TC, I hope to find caregivers that can come in and help....
          ...I am not a doctor nor medical professional, and don't pretend to be one, here... :o

          Comment

          Working...
          X