Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copaxone 40 mg (3 X wk) copied by Mylan

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Copaxone 40 mg (3 X wk) copied by Mylan

    Even though Copaxone 40mg is still covered by a patent, Mylan has copied it and released it.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    Usually, I prefer generics but Copaxone is a complicated drug to copy. And how that copy interacts in the body does not need to go through trials. It worries me and I will steer clear.

    Insurance companies may force people to switch. I'll stay w Teva.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    #2
    I don’t blame you one bit!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
      Even though Copaxone 40mg is still covered by a patent, Mylan has copied it and released it.

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Usually, I prefer generics but Copaxone is a complicated drug to copy. And how that copy interacts in the body does not need to go through trials. It worries me and I will steer clear.

      Insurance companies may force people to switch. I'll stay w Teva.

      ANN
      I was wondering if my insurance company would try to force me to switch from rituxan to Ocrevus. Rituxan is essentially identical to Ocrevus but it’s use for MS is off label.

      I think this is a possibility although it does not make sense as rituxan is cheaper and Ocrevus has a bit more risk. Luckily I had a cancer which gives my neuro wiggle room to insist that I stay on rituxan.

      Still, it seems odd that the insurance company would not push for the cheaper drug. Something is rotten hereabouts......
      Last edited by Lazarus; 01-31-2018, 11:59 AM.
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        #4
        Ann, I feel that we need to stay with the original drug for all of the DMDs. Surprised there is a generic for Copaxone. I hope they do not get one for Rebif.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          There has been a 20mg daily Copaxone generic for at least a year. That patent was running out. I didn't know until yesterday about the 40mg copy, Virginia.

          ANN
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #6
            I believe it's even mentioned in the revised Useful Websites sticky thread.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment

            Working...
            X