Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(OT) Drone package delivery attempt didn't go so well

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    (OT) Drone package delivery attempt didn't go so well

    I've been carrying on about drones here before, especially the idea of having drones doing package deliveries.

    Seems a drone package delivery was tried in Russia recently but it wasn't a smooth landing:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Oops!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      I had to laugh although it wasn't funny for the people whose jobs depend on getting the drones to do their drone thing.

      I pictured sending a package filled with fine china to someone as a nice gift, for instance, by drones. Can you imagine the smash? I've heard of people shipping a bunch of earthworms or a flock of bees--the possibilities for drone disasters might get really interesting.

      If you put a HANDLE WITH CARE label on the package, would that help? Do drones read labels?
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Keeping a weather eye on how things are going with the drone-package-delivery idea. I happened to notice this on Amazon's Website in the Pharmacy section. It gives some detail on how they're handling drone delivery, which is currently being offered in only a few states. Even more detail is available if you can use the links in the quoted material.

        4. How do I prepare for drone delivery?


        If living in a single-family residence: Ensure that your marker is placed in the designated delivery location, on top of your mini marker, identified during your yard survey appointment. Keep grass in the delivery area sufficiently trimmed. All people, pets, and objects must be at least 5 meters (17 feet) away from the delivery marker while expecting a drone delivery. Find more information about drone delivery preparations Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....

        If living in an eligible apartment building: Once you’ve received the notification of your delivered item, make your way to the apartment building’s drone delivery area. Use your gate access code previously provided to you to enter the fenced area, retrieve your package, exit, and close the gate behind you. Find more information about preparing for drone delivery at the eligible apartment Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register....
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Seems like a lot of trouble to me!!
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            Yes, if I still were a pet owner, I think I'd find it hard to keep a pet exactly that distance away from the drone area. And it sounds as if every dwelling is going to have to construct or set aside an area specifically for these drone deliveries. I could think of better ways to use outdoor space....
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment

            Working...
            X