Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe a way to pick up a few $$?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Maybe a way to pick up a few $$?

    I found out about this from someone elsewhere but I hope she won't mind if I pass this Website address along here. There's no guarantee apparently that your information won't be used for marketing purposes, and I think you'll need a PayPal account, but if you agree to take part in surveys, you earn a few dollars:
    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    I signed up and had to provide my name, e-mail, birth date, and ZIP code. This may be far more information than others want to give. I thought it was worth a try though.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Let us know your experience. Interesting.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      So far I've taken part in several surveys. Several others were either already "filled"--guess that means too many people had already signed on for them--or I wasn't eligible. Sometimes I went through a few questions for maybe 5 minutes on a survey that should have earned me 50 points but when I turned out to be ineligible, I earned only about 3 points for trying. But it all adds up.

      So far I've earned only 210 points ( = $2.10). I won't be paid anything until I've earned at least $10.

      I have a feeling that I'd be more eligible if I owned or bought more things.

      So far the questions have often given the option of "Prefer not to answer." I prefer not to answer questions about race, and I check that option too if the question strikes me as too personal.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        So you must be thinking, who is collecting this info and why?

        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          I wasted several hours on that site. I'm not typical enough, I guess. Maybe they didn't like me not wanting to tell them about my income. In any case, I don't plan on going back.


          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

          Comment


            #6
            One of my kids did Pinecone Research surveys for extra money in college. They’re legit.

            Comment


              #7
              Yes, it's probably a waste of time, and I'm fairly sure I'll give up on it soon.

              I don't worry much about who's collecting information though I try not to give out my exact location, Social Security number or credit or debit card number.

              When I first got a computer, I just assumed that nothing would ever be really lost on it. You may think you've deleted something but it's not really deleted. You may even think you've wiped your hard drive clean but the chances are that that information is out there somewhere if anyone wants to track it down.

              In other words, for many years I've assumed that anyone can know anything at all about me, that I'm in a goldfish bowl.

              There are two comforting thoughts. One is that if I'm not doing anything criminal, nobody can catch me at anything. The other is that most people just aren't that interested in what I'm doing--and so they're not looking.

              So let the businesses collect information about me. I do prefer to answer some questions that seem too personal, and if an answer can't be skipped when I'd like to skip it, I leave that survey.

              The possibilities for something very horrible to happen are real but so far I see no sign of it. There would have to be a vast, hidden conspiracy going on. I've heard tales about the "dark Web," etc. So long as I take reasonable precautions--and make sure all of the recommended safeguards are in place--I think I can safely sign up for these surveys. For a short time anyway.

              If I cancel my registration, it will be because it's a waste of time, not because I have doubts about what is happening to my information. All kinds of things could be happening to it anywhere online, and over the years I've probably put lots of information in lots of places. It's all sitting there somewhere even though I may think it's deleted. I'll do what I can to make it hard to get at but in these surveys I'm willing to share the information they want--which is mainly whether I've heard of 7/11 or Cadbury's, and whether I'm planning to buy a car--that kind of thing.

              If consumer surveys help some companies to develop a better product, I'm willing to participate. Maybe I'm being naive and will regret this. Stay tuned.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                hey all !

                i participated in surveys through one survey company, not the one agate mentioned. i did this for about 3 years. i'd earn points and then trade them in for a $25 macy's gift card because i got my haircuts in their salon.

                in the beginning, the surveys were interesting. i participated in one that asked questions about what type of health insurance plan i would purchase if my choices were limited to certain hospitals, doctors, location, etc. this was just before the affordable care act was passed, so i have a suspicion that it was related to that. yes, they asked questions about income and race and depending on the survey, i would use my judgement as to whether i could decline to answer those questions. i also didn't complete surveys if they asked questions about my children.

                some of the tedious things about taking these surveys were the repetitive questions asked in different ways, the length of time to complete some surveys (if it was over 30 minutes, it usually wasn't worth my time). what stopped me from participating in the surveys were companies that would have you answer questions about their product and then say you weren't qualified or part of their demographic group after you gave your opinions. i thought that within 6 questions the company should know whether i was part of their targeted demographic. i would write the survey company a letter expressing my displeasure at the unscrupulous companies who had me answer 20 question and then said i wasn't qualified for their survey. the survey company credited me with the points i would have gotten to take the survey...prolly about 85% of the time.

                i took the surveys from about 2008 to 2011 and then i had too many things going on to take the surveys anymore.

                thanks for posting all your experiences.

                thank you for reading,
                jeannie
                WE ARE BT!
                "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

                Comment


                  #9
                  tic chick, you're really a pro at this! Yes, I've been noticing that I'm being told I'm not qualified but only after I've spent quite a long time answering questions. I'm usually given a few points anyway but only about 3.
                  Last edited by agate; 04-16-2018, 09:20 PM.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I was a part of this for a little over 2 years and it was not an income generator. Most surveys were "filled" after I had spent 15 or 20 minutes answering questions. I opted out finally. It was not a rewarding or enriching experience and in fact, was generally frustrating after the initial surveys.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Things haven't changed since your experience, Cherie. That's definitely the way it's going for me too.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I'm playing with this survey thing. I have "way" too much time on my hands! :) But it is mildly entertaining, trying to guess what they're looking for in the surveys. I've only tried a handful. Some I've completed, many others I've been "not eligible", or "this survey is filled".

                        Comment


                          #13
                          I'm still doing them too. I've racked up 429 points so far. One was on a topic dear to my heart--how items ordered online are delivered.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I tried using a couple of different surveys a few years ago. Kept getting told I wasn't qualified after answering all of their questions. I think I might have a dollar on one of those accounts but that was all I had earned after a couple hundred surveys.
                            Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                            Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                            Question: What's wrong with my account?

                            Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

                            It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

                            Step 1 - log in
                            Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                            Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                            Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                            Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

                            Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

                            Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              You folks must have the patience of Job.
                              Virginia

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X