Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Laurel vs Yanny explained

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Laurel vs Yanny explained

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    I hear Laurel, you?

    #2
    Interesting! I first heard about this on a TV newscast, and I heard "Yanny."

    But this time, listening to it via the link you posted, I heard "Laurel."
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      I heard both at different times. Strange!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

        Sunshine ~

        Thanks for posting this link. Here's a link from the NY Times, which also explains the phenomenon of Laurel vs Yanny:

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Without the option of changing the frequency, I've heard Yanny, when it has been played on TV a few times.

        This reminds me of the debate about that dress ~ blue or white?

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

        Always something entertaining on the internet!

        Love & Light,



        Rose
        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

        Comment


          #5
          yanny, yanny, yanny, can't hear laurel at all!

          Comment


            #6
            Like Howie, I hear both at different times. Interesting.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              The two phenomena--the dress and the Yanny/Laurel thing--have similarities, according to one explanation I was looking into.

              If people can perceive things so differently, it's amazing that eyewitness accounts of anything are as accurate as they are.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                Virginia and I both have bad brains, but what excuse does everyone else use?
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  I got two different results too but my brain is full of little white spots too.

                  Or maybe they're little blue spots?
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                    I confess ~ a couple of times I heard covfefe.

                    Love & Light,



                    Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      LOL! That's probably what it really was.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by agate View Post
                        The two phenomena--the dress and the Yanny/Laurel thing--have similarities, according to one explanation I was looking into.

                        If people can perceive things so differently, it's amazing that eyewitness accounts of anything are as accurate as they are.
                        Aah. But eyewitnesses accounts AREN'T accurate.. This has been proven multiple times both in sterile lab experiments and in real life. Perception is based on proximity, fear level, experience, lots of other factors...two people see the same event unfold and see very different things.

                        I heard neither word but rather "shan"...but my hearing is poor...

                        Comment


                          #13
                          To wit:

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Spoiler alert!! Do not read the following posts before you watch the video. You won’t be disappointed

                          Also, be sure to keep watching the video even after you think it’s over. You will know when it’s over because there is a big unexpected surprise at the end.
                          Last edited by Sunshine; 05-21-2018, 06:25 AM.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            When I knew I was being asked to count the number of times the ball was passed, I knew I couldn't do it because I just don't follow any fast movements at all. My eyes slowed down a long time ago. I did really badly on this.

                            I'd make a perfectly terrible eyewitness. Interesting test though.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I watched it twice, the first time, I never saw the gorilla. The second time, I ignored the ball, and it's hard to believe I missed something so there. Your brain and where it's focused is everything. Very interesting!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X