Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shingles!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Thank you for the update, Virginia, I was worried about you.

    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #17
      ((((((Virginia)))))) ~

      So glad you were able to see your PCP and Opthamologist today and have fresh meds.

      When my boys had chicken pox, the doctor recommended Aveeno oatmeal cream and body wash. I wonder whether a hemp cream might help you. We've used Body Shop Hemp cream for rashes and itches, and it works well.

      Here's a site, which suggests using cold compresses on the rash:

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      And here's an organic natural cream for shingles:

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Healing prayers on the way ~

      Love & Light,



      Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

      Comment


        #18
        Thanks for the information re creams, etc. Right now I am in the headache, sometime hurting stage, but blisters have not oozed yet. It was my understanding from the Doctor this morning that after that was when the pain got even worse and that's when I might want to try a different cream. The Benadryl cream is alright I guess for now. I just washed some off with cold water and put some fresh on. I am going to try to stay up really late tonight and get another Valtrex in. She wanted me to have 3 a day and I have only had 2 since I saw her.

        Lots of information on here. Thanks to all of you.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #19
          :) Virginia I am praying for you. Keep us posted. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            #20
            You have to be VERY careful not to get aspercreme in or near the eye! Also steroid eye drops can contribute to development of cataracts and can actually abraid and crack the cornea. I had a LOT of trouble with them after my cataract surgery and had to come off them after 5 days instead of the recommended 3 weeks because my cornea was so damaged from them.

            Heal quickly

            Comment


              #21
              How are you today Virginia? Worried about you, I am....

              Comment


                #22
                New eruption down on my face. I felt like crying when I saw it. It had been staying up above the brow bone and in the brow bone. This one is close to nose down on the face. Cherie my eye Doctor said if it got to the tip of the nose that I would not have any choice but to go on the eye drops. Since your post I understand why he is being conservative about giving them to me.

                Considered ordering the cream that Rose posted about, but there is the problem with everything being put in my mailbox that I cannot easily get to and yesterday as I was going to Doctors I saw one thermometer that said 95 degrees. If I decide on some locally I know I can get my friend who's house we meet in for meditation to pick something like that up. I notified her by e-mail that I could already tell her I would not be there for meditation this month. She would be willing to pick up something like that for me.

                I listened to soft music until after one o'clock last night so I could get in another dose of Valtrex. Then took another one at 7:15 this morning. Trying to get as much in as I can. Otherwise, just hanging out and I am going to wash linens and some other things today. However, I just really do not feel like doing much of anything.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #23
                  Shingles is the reactivation of Chicken Pox, one of many forms of Herpes virus.Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                    New eruption down on my face. I felt like crying when I saw it. It had been staying up above the brow bone and in the brow bone. This one is close to nose down on the face. Cherie my eye Doctor said if it got to the tip of the nose that I would not have any choice but to go on the eye drops. Since your post I understand why he is being conservative about giving them to me.

                    Considered ordering the cream that Rose posted about, but there is the problem with everything being put in my mailbox that I cannot easily get to and yesterday as I was going to Doctors I saw one thermometer that said 95 degrees. If I decide on some locally I know I can get my friend who's house we meet in for meditation to pick something like that up. I notified her by e-mail that I could already tell her I would not be there for meditation this month. She would be willing to pick up something like that for me.

                    I listened to soft music until after one o'clock last night so I could get in another dose of Valtrex. Then took another one at 7:15 this morning. Trying to get as much in as I can. Otherwise, just hanging out and I am going to wash linens and some other things today. However, I just really do not feel like doing much of anything.
                    You must be relieved you just had your hair done, anyway! That's one good thing!

                    Are you in pain, Virginia?
                    Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                    Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                    Comment


                      #25
                      *edited - posted in wrong thread.
                      Last edited by SuzE-Q; 09-05-2018, 07:16 PM.
                      Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                      Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Oh Virginia. That sounds miserable and scary. I hope your friend can pick it up.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          ((((((Virginia)))))) ~

                          Praying that the rash stops spreading and the Valtrex works quickly.

                          I looked all over the Shingles cream site, but I couldn't find out their shipping method. I was thinking that if they ship UPS or FedEx, it would be delivered to your door. On their "Contact Us" link, they have a phone number. Perhaps you could call and find out how they ship. They say they have free 2 day shipping.

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                          Would your friend be able to come over the day it's delivered, if it is shippped via U.S. mail and get it out of your mailbox and bring it to you?

                          I also saw a cream at WalMart, but this cream appealed to me because it uses natural organic ingredients.

                          Aveeno is available at drug stores and groceries.

                          Sending healing energy your way ~

                          Love & Light,



                          Rose
                          Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 09-05-2018, 04:04 PM.
                          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Thanks Rose, I had considered Aveeno. I wish I had something with lots of healing things in it.

                            Yes SuzeQ I am in pain. Sometime it is worse than at others. I also now feel sick on my stomach and I have been having chills since Monday night. So concerned about my eye and scarring. I am taking pain pills, but it is nothing heavy. My Doctor seemed to feel that I might have to have the heavier stuff later, but I am scared of it so I hope not.

                            Thank you to all.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #29
                              So sorry that you are in pain, Virginia. Do you have a follow up appointment with your eye doctor or primary care doctor?

                              ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Truly sorry you've had this added, scary burden placed on your shoulders.

                                Please try to take care of yourself. You need a strong immune system to fight off the virus.

                                Have a meltdown to cleanse your mind if you need to, but pick yourself back up again and fight again. I know you are strong, you've been dealing with a lot and have faced many challenges in your life!

                                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X