Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keep on Moving Thread: April 2019

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    I used to swim a mile every day when I only had MS.
    Then I clawed my way back to 1/2 mile once or twice last year. But, yes, since then, this is a record. I am aiming for that 1/2 mile. I feel it coming. Especially if the IVIG keeps working.

    You are perceptive howie!

    Comment


      #62
      Step counts, not so good--my back keeps going out on me. That's my excuse anyway.

      4/17/19 - 1030 steps
      4/18/19 - 1195 "
      4/19/19 - 1141 "
      4/20/19 - 1425 "
      4/21/19 - 1156 "
      4/22/19 - 1060 "
      4/23/19 - 1166 "
      4/24/19 - 1482 "
      4/25/19 - 959 "
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #63
        I try to keep up on what's going on in everyone's life on this forum. This place is the first place I look at in the morning, and the last place I go before I turn in at night. I care about everyone here.

        Agate, you out walk me hands down.
        Last edited by Howie; 04-26-2019, 11:36 AM.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #64
          Agate, I think your step count is very good, and if you have a bad back then it is excellent.

          Sunshine, great going. You are going to hit that 1/2 mile.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #65
            Sunshine ,, you totally amaze me, with your swimming,,,, I "used" to swim at the Y,, with a group of friends,, even taught a few aerobic classes {water},, water is a amazing element,, till muscle spasms kept me from continuing,, we had a contest,, to see who could swim, the longest, and length,, 500 yards,, and 45 minutes, is all my body allowed,,, it was enough,, I sure wish, I could do that again,,:-(
            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

            Peg

            Comment


              #66
              Thank you :)
              Peg, could you do it with less of a competitive spirit now, and just for the luxury of moving in water? Less minutes, less distance, until you find your spot where you swim a bunch but not trigger spasm?

              Howie, thats very sweet!

              Agate, you are amazing :) Well done!

              Comment


                #67
                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                Sorry, I tried to put in a video about stem cells and I was unable to do it. It is called the RAAD Program.


                Edited to add: Actually, I did do it. Peg, if you have time please watch and tell us if this is what you had.
                Last edited by Virginia; 04-27-2019, 08:51 AM.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #68
                  I washed a few clothes today and then after they dried I starched and ironed 3 blouses.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Good going Virginia.

                    today I swam 800 yards in 23.5 minutes, despite a quick spasm a few hours earlier in wee hours of morning. thinking the cutback of Baclofen might cause it. I like cutting back, even the 5 mg less creates less side effects.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Sunshine, good for you again. So glad the cutback in Baclofen is helping you a little. Hope you will be able to cut back on another drug in a few weeks.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #71
                        In an upside down morning, DH and I spontaneously decided to descend upon WalMart at 7 a.m. before the crowds to buy counter top small plug in appliances in prep for hurricane season. This year we will not evacuate. We have a generator, but the cooktop and oven are not plugged into it. The fridge is, as is the A/C, most lights, computer (which will be useless without WiFi at first)...

                        So, I swam after Walmart, about 90 minutes later. No harm no foul. I didn’t spasm. Swam 822 yards in 23.5 minutes. Felt fine, or at least, fine for me....Had woken up with ankles, feet and shins feeling like there were tight ace bandages around them. I was unable to wear a sneaker on one foot for about 10 minutes because the weight of it pulled the top of the foot down, feeling like it would trigger ankle spasm. That cleared up.
                        Last edited by Sunshine; 04-28-2019, 08:47 AM.

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Wow, another great report from you Sunshine!
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Today I swam 23 minutes. 800 yards. Had to go to publix and produce and doc after, so I got out, rather than doing another 60” I get so stiff on my legs, who knows if it will spasm??

                            I am planning on surfing Sunday with DH as the driver, and a few buddies to help watch over me. Terrified. But excited too. It shouldn’t be freezing and the ocean is predicted to be a clean knee high (very easy) wave, incoming tide to give it more push, and not so shallow.

                            So far I did the first step successfully: I announced it to the buddies and to self. Can bail whenever I want to...

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Good luck, and hang 10!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X