Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(AAN abstract) Untreated patients with MS in Denmark and the US

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    (AAN abstract) Untreated patients with MS in Denmark and the US

    The American Academy of Neurology's (AAN) annual meeting was held May 4-10 in Philadelphia. I had a look at the abstracts of the papers on MS that were presented.

    The studies dealing with specific drugs tend to be sponsored by drug companies but not always. This time it looked as if most of them were, though--perhaps because with 3 new MS drugs on the scene, the competition is becoming fiercer.

    Recently much attention is being given to pediatric MS. And the T7 MRI was mentioned often in the abstract titles this time. It seems to be an exciting new device.

    I found this one interesting--a Danish study comparing two groups of people with MS (Denmark and the US) in order to determine what percentage weren't taking an MS drug. I wouldn't have guessed that so many people with MS in the US aren't on an MS drug--43% of persons who'd had MS at least a year.

    NOTE: This is a .pdf file.

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    Last edited by agate; 05-13-2019, 07:23 AM.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Thanks in advance...now I will go read the post!
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      Interesting. My diagnosis and betaseron came together at almost identical times. I think that it was only months after my diagnosis that I won that lottery and got the drug as one of the first patients when they were short on doses and selected the first in a lottery system! That was about 1993. I have been on some medication since that time and am still wandering around on 2 feet!
      Linda~~~~

      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

      Comment


        #4
        I got very late diagnosis, but still chose to go immediately on DMD. Will never know if it made a difference at the stage I was at, but still glad I made that decision along with my then Neuro.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          I'm one of those who never did any of the DMT, yet I haven't had an exacerbation in 18 years, and still walk and drive. Go figure!
          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

          Albert Einstein

          Comment

          Working...
          X