Makes all kinds of sense to me. I've been avoiding afternoon appointments for a long time now. There are more people buzzing around in the afternoon, what with school being out in mid-afternoon and late-risers doing things only in the afternoon, and traffic is much worse. And doctors do seem to be more rushed and tired then.
And their lives must be a paperwork nightmare. The HIPAA rules and the insurance maze--eek!
Then, too, how many commercials for drugs have I seen where we're told to "ask your doctor about..."? Some people who watch those commercials are probably doing exactly that--asking their doctor about this, that, and the other. All of those questions coming at the doctors must be driving them up the wall.
I try to see mine in the morning, too. It's more for my convenience -- I'm done then for the day and can go about doing other things -- but it makes sense that the doctor is tired and rushed as the afternoon wears on.
Comment