Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phones

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I feel that way too, Howie. However, I believe some people carry their cellphones on them at all times just in case they need to summon help--a bad fall, for instance. I've thought about carrying mine for that reason but until I get to know its quirks better, I won't try. Those phones are too apt to beep or ring at odd times--and bother everyone within earshot. Unless I know how to shut it up, I hesitate to go anywhere with it.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #17
      If you fall, or have an emergency anywhere, everyone these days carry their phone with them, so they can call for you.
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #18
        Hmm. Never thought about that! I'm always surprised when people are helpful in situations where I've fallen. Sometimes they just go right on their merry way.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #19
          I want mine for safety and in case I get stuck somewhere and need to call Uber.

          Ann, I bought a new 6 s plus for $214.00. The $14.00 was tax, etc. It is new and not refurbished. I got rose gold. Get ready for questions. It should be here within 5 days.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #20
            P.S. I wonder if Nuthatch takes her pictures with a phone or a camera. Maybe I will learn to post pictures, but I am not sure what I would take pictures of.

            My little flip phone takes pictures, but they are not very large.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #21
              I wear my phone at al times in case I have an emergency, to call my DH to avoid going to the ER. You can turn off the ringer noises. Go to “notifications” and you will see how. I never turn off the pill alarms though since If I miss a muscle relaxer dose, it can spell disaster.

              Comment


                #22
                Congrats, Virginia!

                If you see any 6 year olds in your complex, you can always ask them for cellphone assistance.

                By that age, they're already experts!
                Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.

                Per Mike Weins: "...the admin/mod team doesn't have to provide a forewarning/warning/mention about altering a members post. It doesn't matter if they fix a link, remove a link, fix a typo, or whatever...."

                Comment


                  #23
                  LOL! Suze-Q, that is so true. Unfortunately, we have almost no children in this neighborhood, but I will stay on the look out and maybe I can even borrow a grandchild.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #24
                    I can't remember where we were posting about medical alert systems, but this seems a good place to put this. My brother and his wife were telling the people in their church this morning that I had finally gotten one. A lady then told them about one called Great Calls. She has had hers for about two years and she only pays $17.00 a month for it. She has traveled to Florida, the beach and many places and it always covers her. It has GPS so it tracks her where ever she goes. She just loves it and says the people on call are very responsive.

                    I expect that most of these alert systems use the same call center, so I think they are probably all alike in that regard. I have all the information on this one, the phone number to call, etc. If anyone wants it let me know. I am going to keep it and possibly change when I have to pay again which is in six months. Not because I don't like mine, but in order to be covered no matter where I am and to get it cheaper.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #25
                      I've just got to put that darn iPhone down. I read a lot of the news today and I have been fooling around. Ann, I loaded some things from the App Store. As soon as I eat something (no lunch because of that phone) I am going to load Facebook. I have been into maps. I put my address in and I am not happy with the way it showed it, but I guess it is alright. I am not sure I want to read and do all that much on there when I've got this great big monitor for my computer that my brother gave me.

                      However, I am kind of satisfied with what I've figured out thus far.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #26
                        It's a nifty idea, having so much on your phone that you don't have to go online on a regular computer, but the screens are small, AND the phones I've dealt with seem to need recharging constantly.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by agate View Post
                          It's a nifty idea, having so much on your phone that you don't have to go online on a regular computer, but the screens are small.
                          That's my problem. With my eyesight, the small screen drives me nuts. I had a neighbor that was real good at using one, but he would show me something, and I just couldn't look at it for long, it's just too small.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Some of those people who are so handy with their smartphones are running into big problems from overuse of their thumbs. Some suggestions here on ways to hold a smartphone:

                            Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Serves them right, says the laptop/cell phone user!
                              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                              Albert Einstein

                              Comment


                                #30
                                I agree. I will not be on mine that much once I get the contacts and things I want set up. Right now it is new, so it is a play toy.
                                Virginia

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X