I was busy loading plants into my car for tomorrow morning’s farmers market. I run my car all night to keep them from freezing. I was just about finished when I tripped into the greenhouse and hit my head. Not sure on what but it bled a lot and I spent a few minutes in a lot of pain.
Came in the house and looked to see what the internet had to say. So I put a compress on it for half an hour and the bleeding stopped. Until I moved! So, off to urgent care around the corner. It was quite swollen by then and looked very ragged. The people there thought I might have fractured my skull and/or might have bleeding into the brain. I needed a CAT scan. So, they called an ambulance and off I went.
Got to emergency room, never got into a room but, within 2 hours I had a CAT scan which showed I was ok, the doc put 7 stitches in my nasty cut, washed the dried blood from my hair, gave me instructions and let me go. The efficiency in both places was incredible.
And then, I planned to go out to the lobby and ask them to call me a taxi. But, I saw a taxi just pulling in to drop people off so I went outside and asked the driver if he would take me the 20 miles home. Yes. So, within a minute of being discharged I was on my way home!
Every single person was great. They all understood my need to get home and my plan to go to market and they helped. This was perfect medical care in America!
Wish me luck. The doc said my head would be sore when the numbing agents wear off!
Came in the house and looked to see what the internet had to say. So I put a compress on it for half an hour and the bleeding stopped. Until I moved! So, off to urgent care around the corner. It was quite swollen by then and looked very ragged. The people there thought I might have fractured my skull and/or might have bleeding into the brain. I needed a CAT scan. So, they called an ambulance and off I went.
Got to emergency room, never got into a room but, within 2 hours I had a CAT scan which showed I was ok, the doc put 7 stitches in my nasty cut, washed the dried blood from my hair, gave me instructions and let me go. The efficiency in both places was incredible.
And then, I planned to go out to the lobby and ask them to call me a taxi. But, I saw a taxi just pulling in to drop people off so I went outside and asked the driver if he would take me the 20 miles home. Yes. So, within a minute of being discharged I was on my way home!
Every single person was great. They all understood my need to get home and my plan to go to market and they helped. This was perfect medical care in America!
Wish me luck. The doc said my head would be sore when the numbing agents wear off!


Great stuff Rose!
Comment