Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, 7 stitches on my forehead...!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
    Late to the party here!
    Laz, what can I say? You are living a story book life and living up to your byline, “Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!”

    Ditto on possible concussion. Be very mindful this morning at market. Maybe, enlist customer help re bending over and lifting?

    Is John home, BTW? Did I miss something here? Or is he still in Boston?

    Head wounds bleed terribly, I should know re surfing accidents, and also when my child looked like ran into an axe just from minor head wound involving running into a set of teeth.

    I guess main thing to watch for is infection and concussion. I agree with ANN— bring back stories about today’s adventure at the market looking like a victim of domestic violence or worse...On second thought, don’t bring John, they will glare at him as though he was the cause of your head wound...

    Love the jokes from Rose :)
    John does a Saturday market in Amherst which he was involved with starting about 48 years ago. It is alwYs fun when customers who have become friends at one market suddenly realize that the two of us are connected.!

    I did the market...went ok. My head is ok but it hurts and I now have deep blue bruises on my arm. It was quite a fall!

    So glad to be home....I hope I sleep tonight.

    No interesting stories. It was just enough to handle everything. And I did handle everything. Sometimes boring is exciting!
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #17
      ((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

      If you have Witch Hazel, I recommend that you soak a paper towel with it, then apply it to your bruises. You can put some plastic wrap over the paper towel and adhere with some paper or cloth tape. Leave it on as long as possible. It will reduce swelling and bruising. Try elevating your arm with a pillow too.

      Is your wound still draining?

      Sending healing prayers your way ~

      Love & Light,



      Rose
      Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
        That was a.very good and clear description of what to do. Thanks very much. It was just the information I needed.
        You're very welcome! Glad I could help. Watch to see if you get dizzy or lightheaded. If you get dizzy sit down immediately and then get checked by a doctor. I'm glad the market trip went well.
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

        Comment


          #19
          Just catching up here. Sorry to hear of your mishap, hope you're on the mend now.

          Comment


            #20
            If your head still hurts today, get in to see doc again, to rule out subsequent brain bleeding. Please!

            Comment


              #21
              :) I'm praying for a quick recovery and no infection for you. Jeanie :)

              Comment


                #22
                Yup. Thanks. Just got back from the urgent care clinic. Took off the original bandage and she gave me a tube of Neosporin...and bandages. Looks good no redness. Leave it exposed to air when not working on farm. Cover it when working..

                Hurts like hell and itches but other than that no damage..
                Linda~~~~

                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                Comment


                  #23
                  Thats a good report.

                  How about putting honey on the wound?

                  Comment


                    #24
                    ((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

                    Did the urgent care doc suggest anything to reduce the pain in your head, like a cold pack for 20 minutes, or Tylenol or Advil?

                    If you decide to use honey on your wound, you will need a medical grade honey for that purpose. Here's an article about medical grade honey:

                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                    I think your wound will improve well with Neosporin. If you haven't overused it in your life, then it should be effective.

                    Healing prayers continuing ~

                    Love & Light,



                    Rose
                    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      So, the stitches will come out Saturday at 4:00. It is all still sore but not super painful.

                      The urgent care clinic that I used which is 1.1 miles from my house....they let you make actual appointments. Really neat. I did call my neuro to leave a message that I am falling a lot more....although usually I am aware and do not hurt myself.

                      Has anyone read about Tru.... I forget but it is a bio similar to Ocrevus and Rituxan but will be cheaper. I will go back to Dave Bexfield’s site to find the accurate name.

                      We had a crew today and one greenhouse was recovered with new plastic. Looks so pretty now!
                      Linda~~~~

                      Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                      Comment


                        #26
                        ((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

                        Will you have your stitches out before or after Market on Saturday? That's great that they schedule appointments and that it is so close to you!

                        That's a good feeling to see the new plastic on your greenhouse, I'll bet.

                        May your crops be bountiful!

                        Love & Light,



                        Rose
                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by Earth Mother 2 Angels View Post
                          ((((((Lazarus)))))) ~

                          Will you have your stitches out before or after Market on Saturday? That's great that they schedule appointments and that it is so close to you!

                          That's a good feeling to see the new plastic on your greenhouse, I'll bet.

                          May your crops be bountiful!

                          Love & Light,



                          Rose
                          After the market. I leave for market at 5am and get home by 2:30pm.
                          Linda~~~~

                          Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Well in another couple of hours you should get your stitches out Linda. Hope all goes well and everything looks like it is healing well.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Linda, how's your head feeling these days?

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Originally posted by nuthatch View Post
                                Linda, how's your head feeling these days?
                                Thanks for asking. Stitches came out at 4:00 Saturday. No problem. Nice scar. Eye still black and blue and head hurts if I press on the wound but it is 90% healed.

                                The urgent care clinic I first went to is only a mile from my house. Open all day 7 days a week. They called to find out if everything was ok the day after stitches were out. Nice.
                                Linda~~~~

                                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X