Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Witch Hazel University

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Witch Hazel University

    I wish I had printed all of the uses that Rose and others cite Witch hazel for in terms of effectiveness.

    Might it be redundant to ask members, or Rose (as though she isn’t busy enough with fires and life)to list the common helpful uses?

    I want to buy some for the house, but wouldn’t know what to use it for!

    #2
    ((((((Sunshine)))))) ~

    I'm never too busy to help my friends.

    Our primary use for Witch Hazel is to reduce swelling and bruising, because it is anti-inflammatory. For example, when I strained my knee and my ankle, I wrapped them in a paper towel soaked in Witch Hazel. Relieved the pain and brought down the swelling, as well as helps the blood flow. We used to wrap Jonathan's knees the same way, because they were swollen from lack of movement and osteoporosis.

    Witch Hazel is also used for hemorrhoids and under eye baggage (you could pack mine and take a trip around the world!).

    Here's a website with 18 uses for Witch Hazel, some of which I didn't know, but I will now implement:

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    It's a wonderful thing. Stubbed your toe? Wrap it in Witch Hazel. Banged your arm or other body part into furniture? Wrap it in Witch Hazel. The sooner the better, because it immediately provides pain relief, halts bruising and swelling.

    It's also very inexpensive, available in drug stores, grocery stores and of course, on line.

    I hope this is helpful information for you.

    Love & Light,



    Rose
    Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

    Comment


      #3
      I'm thinking of trying it on my swollen lower left leg.

      Virginia, were you reminded of witch Hazel because of Hallowe'en?

      Too bad that it's named witch Hazel. I've known a few very nice people named Hazel, and there is a nice rabbit named Hazel in the story Watership Down too.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        My Granny was named Hazel, and she was a nice person to everyone, especially me. As country as a turnip green as they say. She was my dad's mom.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          I used Witch Hazel for my swollen fingers that hurt last year when it got cold and I probably will again this year.

          I think it was Sunshine who was reminded of it. Could have been Halloween.
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            Sorry, Virginia. I should have looked to find out who started the thread!
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Insect Bite

              ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

              Today, I found a new use for Witch Hazel.

              We had an ant invasion in our kitchen. While I was cleaning up the kitchen, an ant bit me. I didn't realize it, until I sat in Jonathan's recliner to watch the football game with Jim. The back of my arm began itching, then stinging and burning. The bite was swelling.

              I grabbed the WH, soaked a paper towel, taped it around my arm. Immediately, the itching, stinging and burning stopped. When the WH dried, I removed the paper towel, and the bump is significantly smaller. No discomfort at all there now.

              It's good stuff!

              Love & Light,



              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment

              Working...
              X