Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When it's earlier than it really is (OT)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    When it's earlier than it really is (OT)

    Tonight is that glorious time when most people gain an hour by setting clocks back, unless of course all of your devices are so modern that they will reset themselves.

    It's really 6:30 PM here just now but I'm thinking of it as 5:30 PM.

    What are you doing with your extra hour?

    If you're looking around for something to do, you could always look at the blogs here.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Oh gosh I forgot about that. Thanks Agate I believe that takes place at 2AM. It is now 12:20AM and I thought I was late getting to bed, but I am not because it is really 11:20Pm. Makes me so happy.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      PS. I am reading with my extra hour.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        As usual, I don't know what's going on like the time change. But I was up early, made my coffee, fed Sam. Then came back to my bedroom to get online.

        Well, the computers time, and the time on my phone were off an hour from each other. So one didn't automatically make the change, but I got them corrected, and now starting my second mug of coffee, while Sam has just placed herself across my shoulders.

        Everyone have a great day, and thank you guys for getting me straight on the time change.
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

          I absolutely detest the time changes, both of them. My body clock is upset by just one hour twice a year. I feel like I have jet lag for at least a week.

          This morning, I woke up at 3:30, but of course, now it is 2:30. Frequently, I'm unable to go back to sleep, which was the case today, so I became a rotisserie chicken and tried to turn off my mind until 6:30, which was still 7:30 to me, and too late for me to be getting up.

          So far, the day has dragged on and on. Because, as you said agate, "it is earlier than it really is."

          The only benefit is the wall clock, which I can't reach, in the office is now the correct time. I had to manually change the atomic digital clock I gave Jim, and I couldn't find the instructions anywhere. I winged it and got it right. Amazing.

          Yet, we had a proposition in California to end Daylight Saving Time, and I voted against it. It won't work, unless the entire country does it. If some states do and others don't, it will be confusing figuring out what time it is anywhere.

          That may be illogical. I'm not sure, because I'm sleep deprived. Thanks DST.

          Love & Light,



          Rose
          Last edited by Earth Mother 2 Angels; 11-03-2019, 01:56 PM.
          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

          Comment


            #6
            I vote to just end it everywhere. It was originally thought up as a way to help farmers have a longer time in their fields. But those days are gone now. Farming is very mechanized now. It's not needed these days!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              I agree that it would be nice not to have to bother with it. I absolutely hate losing an hour in the spring.

              And as for setting clocks--my phones, computer and bedroom clock reset themselves. I'm very happy about the bedroom clock because sometimes it hasn't done that, and I've had to do it. It's a major project involving turning the clock upside down, using a coin to open a little window, and trying to see the settings and tinker with them WHILE making sure I'm not accidentally pressing any of the buttons that are on the top of the clock, which I'm now holding upside down.

              All I had to do was reset my watch, the stove clock, and the microwave. I got off easy this time.

              There are enough gadgets that always have to be recharged or upgraded or fixed in some way in my life. The DST changes twice a year just make that situation worse. A person feels as if she's spending all of his/her waking hours tinkering with THINGS.

              Rose, you're right. Ending it in some states but not others just won't work. Years ago my son was living in Indiana, and at the time Indiana was using 3 different time zones--one part of the state was on Central Time, one was on Eastern time, and another part had opted out of Daylight Saving Time completely. Difficult to make travel arrangements when things are that confusing!
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                I tie certain twice a year maintenance task to DST such as cleaning the ac filters.

                Only a few things change auto such as the cell phone. So, its a race to fix it all and to trouble shoot timing of certain drugs.

                When I surfed without a wheelchair, I loved going for dawn patrol. First light and then sunrise. It works itself up to 7:30 and then DST moves it back to 6:30, a less comfy time to get up, eat, pack the mobile up and drive down there.

                Course nowadays, you cannot get the w/c until around 7-7:20, so I miss Dawn patrol most of the time so far....still hoping though :)

                SPringing forward is the one that causes jet lag for a few days, and when I worked, everyone was always late to their appts the first Monday after :) Funny!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Experts have been studying this and deciding that DST transitions are bad for our health.

                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    My vote is to do away with DST - not good for my body, which is already shot.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #11
                      hello all !

                      we willfully gave up that hour in the spring so that we could live in the land of the midnight sun. now, we demand it back as it is rightfully ours.

                      it is not a real hour, it is a fake hour. the time that it is now is the REAL time. the past 6 months have been fake time.

                      demand that your time stay real. we do not need the fake hour in spring. i don't grow corn or wheat, i grow flowers, i don't need an extra hour to grow flowers.

                      my time is not your time, dst. time is on my side, if i could turn back the hands of time.

                      thank you for your time.

                      Tongue In Cheek chick (jeannie)
                      WE ARE BT!
                      "The world is a better place when you're barefoot." Mark
                      "Don't go there unless you know the way back." TC
                      "...there will be an answer. Let it be." Paul McCartney

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Time is money.

                        Time and tide wait for no man (or woman).

                        Time heals all wounds.

                        Time wounds all heels.

                        Time is of the essence.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                          tic chick ~

                          Thanks for the ! Very clever!

                          So these song lyrics started playing in my head ~

                          Does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care … about time?

                          If you fall, I will catch you. I’ll be waiting. Time after time.

                          If I could turn back time … (I wouldn’t!)

                          If you’ve got the money, honey, I’ve got the time.

                          Time keeps on slipping into the future. (or the past, depending on the season)

                          The fundamental things apply, as time goes by.

                          Time after time, I tell myself that I'm so lucky to be loving you.

                          I could go on, but I'm running out of time ... yawn ... and I'm so tired, because DST still exists. And after all this time of changing the time, my body still says: STOP IT!

                          Love & Light,



                          Rose
                          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            You guys are very cleaver. Very good Tic Chic, Agate and Rose. I am not going to try to add anything because I am out of time.

                            I will add that I am with Tic Chic I demand my hour stay where it is. This is the real time.

                            My SIL said Sunday night that changing time made her tired and that the dog slept all day. So even the dog has a hard time changing time.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                              Okay, now we find out that dogs are affected by the time change, and they can't even tell time, I don't think. But then, they do have instincts. And if we change the time we take them for a walk, or let them out to potty, or feed them, they're going to notice that change. So, yes, DST can affect animals.

                              Thank you, Virginia, for sharing this insight.

                              DST makes all of us dog tired.

                              Love & Light,



                              Rose
                              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X