Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 MRIs in a row then next Ocrevus next month

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    3 MRIs in a row then next Ocrevus next month

    I wonder if taking Ibuprofen before would affect the results.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are

    #2
    Ssusan, I have had 3 in a row with and without enhancement. It was no problem for me. I did not take anything, but MRIs do not bother me.

    Why would you want Ibuprofen before hand? Maybe to keep the headache away?
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      I have had many MRIs of my brain … several years ago it was once every three months, then once every 6 months, then once a year. Now it's down to every 24 months!
      Anyhow - I was never unable to take aspirin or Ibuprofen or anything.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Virginia View Post
        Ssusan, I have had 3 in a row with and without enhancement. It was no problem for me. I did not take anything, but MRIs do not bother me.

        Why would you want Ibuprofen before hand? Maybe to keep the headache away?
        I have had 3 in a row and this is with enhancement. I am not worried. ibuprofen is for hip I broke in January. It gets achy and I can’t shift position.

        I have to go to town meeting tomorrow night for an important vote on putting 350 acres of land into conservation . Several hours of sitting waiting for our warrant. MRI is next morning. That evening there is a celebration: 20 years since we Saved the Mountain. A big deal. The Mount Holyoke Range. I digress.
        Last edited by ssusan; 11-06-2019, 07:35 PM.
        Be the person your dog thinks you are

        Comment


          #5
          I can see where that might be uncomfortable. I have taken other kind of medication and never been asked to stay away from anything that I can recall.

          Good luck to you Susan!
          Virginia

          Comment


            #6
            Ibuprofen should be fine. I take 27 meds, and none were ever stopped for an MRI.

            Good luck to you. And Good luck to your vote. Our local people threw out the entire city fathers when they voted against environment...you guys can do that too...there is a rising tide of voters fed up with the corportization of America, I believe....

            Comment


              #7
              I've never been asked to make any changes in meds before an MRI--and I take aspirin regularly along with several rx drugs.

              Sounds like a busy time for you, ssusan! Hope you can take it easy in spite of everything that is going on.
              Last edited by agate; 11-07-2019, 08:05 AM.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                I've only had 2 MRIs in my 22 years of MS. The first to get DXed with MS, and the 2nd to get a Hoveround. 2 different types of machines. The first was the little tube. The second was very open and they rolled it into position. I should never need to get another.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  Going off on a tangent here (apologies to ssusan) but just wondering how the Hoveround is doing?
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Well, I never use it, but it sits in the living room, plugged in to the battery charger. I doubt I'll ever need it.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      It went fine until the last 45 minutes. I did all three one after the other. They inject the gad and did the first post gad. Then the tech told me the monitor had died he was going to see if-he could
                      Find another that he could swap out. Thankfully he did. It added a lot of extra time but it’s done.
                      Last edited by ssusan; 11-08-2019, 12:45 PM. Reason: Hadn’t finished it.
                      Be the person your dog thinks you are

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Sorry there was a glitch Susan, but glad it is behind you.
                        Virginia

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X