Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I read the doctors report and on lesion in the left frontal lobe is low in signal .

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I read the doctors report and on lesion in the left frontal lobe is low in signal .

    I am with a new neurologist who is telling me things the old one never did like where exactly my lesions are and this one is suggesting cavitation omg . I feel good I see what the frontal lobe on the left side is responsible for and it is terrible to think about. The new doctor has me on some vitamins a change in diet and has me looking at Aubagio and Ocrevus as drug choices. I would think copaxone is the safest.. I was on and off it due to different things happening. I will have to be very mindful to take it every single day if I do go that route.
    Thanks to all who helped calm me down after the first post.
    My sleeping has gotten better after talking with this new doctor and following her advice.
    Last edited by farmwife; 12-14-2019, 08:57 AM.

    #2
    farmwife, I'm so glad that the new doctor is turning out to be a better one for you.

    I do wonder why cavitation was mentioned. Have you had a head injury? Did the doctor explain what was meant by cavitation?

    I know next to nothing about cavitation but have never heard it mentioned in connection with MS.

    It sounds as if you're leaning towards returning to Copaxone. You do know that Copaxone is available on a 3-times-a-week basis?
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Glad you seem to be feeling a little better about things overall. Sounds like you like and trust your new Doctor. Never heard of cavitation being mentioned with MS.

      Hope you will keep us updated, or better yet, just keep posting and hanging around with us.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by farmwife View Post
        I am with a new neurologist who is telling me things the old one never did like where exactly my lesions are and this one is suggesting cavitation omg . I feel good I see what the frontal lobe on the left side is responsible for and it is terrible to think about. The new doctor has me on some vitamins a change in diet and has me looking at Aubagio and Ocrevus as drug choices. I would think copaxone is the safest.. I was on and off it due to different things happening. I will have to be very mindful to take it every single day if I do go that route.
        Thanks to all who helped calm me down after the first post.
        My sleeping has gotten better after talking with this new doctor and following her advice.
        My neurologist who is also a researcher always told me that there is not a clear or any correlation between my MRI and what is happening in terms of my obvious symptoms. My first MRI...many years ago"....showed dozens of bright spots . Now I have MRIs every year and there are never any enhanced lesions to be seen. But my MS is slowly progressing anyway.

        Still farming and active on rituxan.
        Linda~~~~

        Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

        Comment


          #5
          Glad you like your new doc. Is she an MS Specialist?
          Keep us posted.

          Comment


            #6
            Apparently they don't pay a lot of attention to the number of lesions if you have at least a few. Some of my MRI reports have mentioned "at least a dozen" of them. It sounded as if they didn't see any point in counting the exact number.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              Yes she is a specialist . I was not good a taking the time to put myself on the to do list years ago. I had to deal with my daughters drug addiction and whatever my husband and other children were going through at the time. I was on a roller coaster back then just trying to keep the home together.
              Mission accomplished my daughter is doing very well with a good job and a healthy son.
              I am so glad I took the time to try a new doctor.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by farmwife View Post
                Yes she is a specialist . I was not good a taking the time to put myself on the to do list years ago. I had to deal with my daughters drug addiction and whatever my husband and other children were going through at the time. I was on a roller coaster back then just trying to keep the home together.
                Mission accomplished my daughter is doing very well with a good job and a healthy son.
                I am so glad I took the time to try a new doctor.
                Best of luck to you.
                Linda~~~~

                Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                Comment


                  #9
                  What a great outcome for you. And now, Ms is center stage.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Sunshine View Post
                    What a great outcome for you. And now, Ms is center stage.
                    Funny how it has a way of putting itself center stage. It muscles its way into just about every situation.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      :) Farmwife you might consider taking LDN with whatever MS drug you take. LDN is low dose naltrexone. For info go to Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... and click on the MS link.

                      I have been on 4.5 mg capsule nightly of LDN since 2000. Before that I had new symptoms about every three months. Once I began LDN I have had no new symptoms and no further progression.

                      I recently fell and splintered the bones in my weak MS leg and wound up in rehab for almost 6 months then home with 12 hour aides for two months. I can now put my weight on it. My muscles in both legs got weak from being in the bed so long and not using them.

                      I only had about 15 minutes of passive PT in rehab. I finally signed myself out and hired aides so i could get my leg strength back. My insurance will not give me any more PT. I have a different insurer starting Jan 1st.

                      I did Betaseron for 5 years and Avonex for 2 years and continued to get worse on both. When I started LDN I quit those. I am glad yo have a good neuro now. Jeanie :)

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X