Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone tried this way of getting meals?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Has anyone tried this way of getting meals?

    Have you tried Doordash? It seems to be nationwide. They'll show you a list of restaurants in your area where you can place an order and Doordash will deliver it to you.

    Just wondering if it works well. The list of restaurants for my area is impressively long.

    Many years ago there was a service called Delivered Dish that was similar. My son and I used it a couple of times, and it was sometimes disappointing--a long long wait for a delivery, for instance.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    Interesting.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      Mom has had a gift of desserts from an Italian restaurant delivered to her twice this year by UberEats. It worked well on the receiving end and I suspect the ordering end since the grandson did it twice.

      ANN
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #4
        I've used DoorDash, GrubHub and Uber for food delivery. I think it is wonderfully convenient and leaves me open to a huge variety of eateries. The only issue I have is that the restaurants usually charge a fee of their own for the use of these services even though it causes them no special effort on their part. That is on top of your order, the fee charged by GrubHub or Door Dash and a tip so it is not really cheap unless the convenience is worth it to you. What I do like is that many restaurants will take your order over the phone and bring it out to your vehicle so you don't have to people.
        Last edited by houghchrst; 01-02-2020, 06:34 AM.

        Comment


          #5
          I was looking all over the Doordash Website for information on the fees but couldn't find anything, probably because they're offering free delivery on your first order. I could probably find out after I ordered that one time. I had a strong suspicion that the fees would turn out to be high, and it looks as if they are.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            I’ve considered GrubHub, but haven’t tried it yet. I think the added expense might be one reason why. As Houghcrst mentioned I think it would add to the cost of the meal. Also, as with Instacart I would feel bad if I didn’t tip a little more than they charge. I am sure these people are low paid.
            Virginia

            Comment


              #7
              I always try to tip pretty well too--people who work where they get tipped do depend on those tips just to make ends meet.

              DeliveredDish is still around, I found out--but it's now part of GrubHub.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                Glad you brought this up Agate. I had never heard of door dash.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #9
                  I had never heard of DoorDash or any of them. I never thought anything like that would be available in this tiny town, but IT IS!!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    It sounds like a nice option for people who find it difficult to get to restaurants but would like not to have to fix a meal for a change--just have it brought to them all ready to eat.

                    You've been able to do this with pizza and sometimes Chinese food for many years but you did need to know which places had food you liked. There are pizza places, and then there are pizza places. That's probably true of these restaurants you can order from through GrubHub or Doordash.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      That's good jingle. Now you don't have to go out to get your Chinese next New Years.
                      Virginia

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X