I have a chemical stress test scheduled next week. I will call tomorrow to get details but was looking online and read that you are not allowed to drive yourself home. This is a problem and I was just checking...anyone know? How long does the test take and do they follow you to make sure someone picks you up and you don’t drive yourself? I read a lot of stuff about it and it seems that it may take hours instead of one hour like I thought. Anybody had one?
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Chemical stress test
Collapse
X
-
Hi Linda, I had a cardiac drug-induced stress test in 10/18. Peter was with me and I don’t remember if that was a condition of the test. I wasn’t given anything sedating.
I remember they said something about a taste and a headache and both happened. Afterward, you have to wait for some scanning or further test, I can’t remember. They did tell me to go get coffee for the headache and it worked quickly.
In situations where a ride home is required, they ask for the phone number of the person who will pick you up before they begin the procedure. No ride, no test.
Best of luck w the test and the ride.
ANNThere comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK
-
Thanks. I am so focused on doing everything to arrange rides for John and to schedule things so I can take care of myself that I was momentarily in a tizzy yesterday. Silly reaction. All arranged now.
I just finished the second infusion of rituxan yesterday and so I am done for another 6 months. I feel so much clearer and stronger that I am even thinking of cleaning the house!Linda~~~~
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..
Comment
-
Virginia, could you get into the vehicle if you brought along a small lightweight stepstool? I have one that I've used for years. I picked it up at a supermarket on an impulse and it's been a good deal. It's lightweight enough so that I don't mind carrying it around. And once you got into the vehicle you (or someone) could reach down to pick it up and just stash it somewhere in the car, take it out again when you want to get out.
I've sometimes had to get into a vehicle like a pickup truck that was too high for me, and if I groped around on the inside of the door frame, I often found a handle I could use to hoist myself up on. Sounds as if you've probably looked into that already though.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~
Linda ~
I'm so glad that you are feeling better after your infusion. May it continue to be so!
What kind of transportation arrangements did you make for you and John, so that you can have your test?
Praying it all goes smoothly with excellent results!
Virginia ~
Would you feel comfortable asking one of your neighbors to transport you for this test?
And, with your brother's heart issues, I'm surprised that he bought a car that he also has to climb into, let alone his passengers.
agate ~
I admire your resourcefulness and verve!
Love & Light,

Rose
*Virtual Hugs Are Germ-Free!
Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.
Comment
-
You hang onto the vehicle door frame while you hoist yourself up onto the stepstool. It pays to grope around on the door frame for anything like a handle. There often is one.
I've had a little plastic stepstool for many years. Mine is just like this:
Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment

Comment