Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 hello?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2012 hello?

    Well I see there has been no posts here "this year", as in 2012, so I thought I would introduce myself again now that I have had a diagnosis [and the experience!!] of Trigeminal Neuralgia.

    I hope the lack of activity is not an indication that it killed you all off... blessed relief though it might be, lol. {no? too dark? sorry.

    Anyhow, my diagnosis was "Atypical TN" because the attacks are not sudden onset, nor do they go away quickly. My worst attacks were 3 hours of 11/10 pain, but mostly I have that trio of pain [eye, sinus, tooth] plus a line to my neck from my face that is more or less tolerable pain.

    Also, in January this year I had it on "the other side"!! Thats pretty rare, isn't it? Snce 2010, it was allways and only on the left side, but I had one bout on the right in January.

    I can count my lucky stars that I have only had 5 periods of it, lasting 2 weeks to 2 months. It is kind of like cluster headache pattern in that regard.

    These "sessions" seemed to follow a bout of flu.... anyone else?

    Thx for listening... I dont know anyone else who has had TN... And I often get that "fear" where I break out weeping when I say the words [for TN] out loud so I cannot talk to anyone about it.

    anyone out there?

    #2
    Oh yes there are. I think many of us have so many health issues that we have a forum called Emotional Support. I and I think some other TN folks who have had the experience of lightning bolt pains meet there. I hope you will visit there if not many post here.

    I too have had pains on both sides. I have had mine since the 90's and am on continuing medication. I am thankful at least that mine is not as it was when it first started. Oh what a whopper it was. I was beginning to think that after my 5th and the 8th crainial nerve (menieres disease, with bouts of naseau and viertgo and constant weird sounds in ears) when I had difficulty swallowing that all my further health issues were going to be consume the 12 crainial nerves. But it was worse than that. I hope you find relief..

    Comment


      #3
      Dark is okay.)

      TN1 and after a few procedures, I just have a little area just above my right lip that still grabs my attention.

      I truly hope you don't get to know other big words.

      My best to you and yours, bob
      Nothing new is going to happen yesterday.

      Comment


        #4
        wonderful to "see" you bob.. often even my fake teeth lets me know it is not over at all. but better than at beginning.so i'll take that
        Last edited by joy; 03-07-2012, 12:02 PM.

        Comment


          #5
          I am still here on the side lines ..I have a PNS for my t.n. I have had my stim since 2002. I dont post much here ..only when I think I can help someone who is going threw having PNS surgery. but I am still lurking...
          low pain wishes to the room and PEACE
          BEAMING

          Comment


            #6
            I am glad you do come here Beaming as I would be of no help. I have been lucky as I have fairly good control with meds..

            Comment

            Working...
            X