I've been able to sign in and check things here, but not as often as I had in the past. Nice to see familiar names. I wrote on the old board, that my TN has been relieved with Upper Cervical Chiropractic. UC chiros are different than regular and do not bend, twist or pop you in any way. A very gentle manipulation can stop your pain. I was on 1200mg/day of Tegretol when I saw my UC chiro. I have stopped all my meds. If anyone is interested, I can post a link about UC chiropractic.
msmaggie
I know you are glad to be off all that medicine. I have gotten myself down really low but never totally off in all they years since mine started. Of course I am on a pain medicine that works for other painful stuff as well and baclofen. It'd be nice to just chuck it all in the trash bucket
Depending where you live, you could hopefully find a UCC somewhere near you. There are only about 1,000 board certified UC chiros in the USA. Even less in Canada and Europe. My experience of helping other people find UC chiros is that the cost is usually a few hundred dollars to start (including xrays, exam, history and 1st adjustment) and $50-60 after per visit. So, it ends up cheaper than all the $$ we spend on meds, doctors and other medical professionals. Look at this website for a good explanation - testimonials(several on TN) under EVIDENCE and practioners by state. listed in the gray bar across the top.
That is one thing that no one has to see me on, is chiropractors. My husband and his family had always gotten such good results that when I married him, it did not take that long before he made a believer out of me.
We are lucky that we have several good ones to chose from.
For TN pain relief, you need to see a chiropractor that is BOARD CERTIFIED in UPPER CERVICAL CHIRO. They have received extra training in upper cervical adjustment techniques that are very specific and different from a regular chiro that they do not bend, twist or pop you in any way. Many go to annual seminars to keep their certification current. I'm glad you are positive about chiropractic - many people with TN try unsuccessfully and get turned off. But check the website for someone near you that is UC certified. Then you may find relief from TN.
Comment