Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lauren's Mom - It's been a long time

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lauren's Mom - It's been a long time

    Hi there! It's been a long time since I posted in this forum. My daughter - now 23 - was diagnoised with TN back in 2008. She has been having problems since December of 2005.
    For many years, hours and days I have searched for relief for this girl with no success. Had an MVD in December of 2008, had wisdom teeth removed, had nerve blocks, tried the ALF device, been to Pittsburg, Atlanta, Duke University, Wake Forest...you name it - we tried it.

    Well the reason I'm posting here today is because I have great, great news! It's a long story so I'm just going to put it out there: In February they found a pituitary tumor on my daughter. It was removed on April 8, 2013 - every symptom that she has had in the past 7.5 years is absolutly gone! Very much a misdiagnosis of TN back in 2008. This tumor was secreating growth hormones which thickens the jaw, skull and soft tissue in the shoulders, arms, nose, face. They have even captured a picture of this tumor back in 2006 on a CT scan that was done on her very first visit to the ER for face pain.

    So - after reading, and reading and more reading this tumor takes 8 to 10 years to diagnois.

    Just putting it out there - especially for young people.

    The neurologist missed this - straight up missed it. The radiologist wrote this up in 2008 and the neurologist opted not to treat!

    Sending prayers for pain free days ahead!

    Sheri - Lauren's Mom

    #2
    I am glad they finally figured it out! Now she can move on. Is there going to be any lasting damage?

    Comment

    Working...
    X