Hello, I'm Ron and new to braintalk and also recently diagnosed with ATN. I've dealt with facial pain for over six months (left side, jaw line and cheek area). I'm currently waiting to get an appointment with a neurologist, they are apparently hard to get in to in my area. Lately I've been having one "good" day, followed by one "bad" day. Is this typical of ATN? My family doc has me on Tylenol #3, Tizanidine, and Ibuprofen 800mg. So far, it seems to be working the best of anything I've tried previously. I have a lot of medication allergies, so he's uncomfortable starting with meds like tegretol. I know cold weather is a trigger and have started wearing a neoprene face mask that covers the areas when outside, as it's getting colder in my area. If anyone has any tips or knows of a good neurologist in the St. Louis area, please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it. This is like nothing I've ever experienced before.... just trying to take it day by day.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Hello Everyone
Collapse
X
-
Glad to meet you!
I don't know it a good day bad day is typical. If I have learned anything over the years TN is anything but typical.
We found that ski masks work great for winter. Of course you wouldn't want to wear one into your bank! ( that experience was awkward!)
As far as tips go I don't really have any. It is my daughter that has TN. But if you ever need someone to talk to your family about this I am your girl!
Praying for many pain free days, and a quick neurologist appointment.

Comment