Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shingles?!?!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Shingles?!?!

    As is the TN pain hadn't been enough and I was doing good. Had the meds right and the pain under control finally. Now a case of the shingles in the right eye same side as I had the TN on ...luckily I got it taken care of right away. But this is just crazy..my eye has been just draining and painful for the past week and half now. The rash..only about five or six bumps to deal with thankfully because I got to the doctor right away...but they burn like crazy and are painful...and the ones on the side of my head next to eye are the worse because I wear glasses..and it rubs there. Also the occasional cheek numbness and shooting headaches are a pain. First I have to finish the antiviral meds and get rid of the rash then I can get back to the neuro doctor and see what to do about all the new nerve pain. All this the week before my daughters 7th birthday and her and my sons birthday party. Thankfully the doctor cleared me to still have the party...just no hugging kids or serving food as long as none of the rash was draining the day of the party. Good to go on that.

    I think I'm just prone to this rare stuff when I don't need it. The doctor told me I need to try to reduce stress. I wish I knew how!

    #2
    Hi,

    Poor you! I have never had shingles, but know from others how painful it is!
    I hope it gets better soon!

    Anne

    Comment


      #3
      One of the first questions my neurologist asked was ANY history of cold sores, or herpes zoster.

      As an LNA, I have seen shingles:( bob
      Nothing new is going to happen yesterday.

      Comment


        #4
        i had it there

        did you get phn like me?

        Comment


          #5
          ::raises hand:: me me ...I know... Reduce stress by drinking red wine or getting a pellet gun. If you're feeling adventurous do both. :)

          (Probably not helpful. But I maintain making someone smile s very helpful)

          Comment

          Working...
          X