Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coiling for Gong

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Coiling for Gong

    Okay .... it's Ging not Gong ,(typo) my coiling is just a few weeks away and I am trying to stay calm and breath and pray that the problems I had the last time they attempted to coil don't happen a gain.
    It is funny , I accepted what the Doctors told me that nothing else could be done, now I am facing that old aneurysm monster that has been ruling my life for these last five years.now I have the what if's, like everyone on this forum has had! After all these years and I feel like I have just been newly diagnosed
    I have until September 8th to get my head straight and shake the Willie billies away wish me luck :)
    Last edited by Ging; 08-19-2011, 03:25 PM. Reason: to many typos and I did not put on My glasses, and no coffee !!

    #2
    That should be GING in the thread, I forgot to put my glasses on...oh well it begins

    Comment


      #3
      Hey Gong - I mean Ging :) I love typos!!!

      You do know better than to get the Willies and the Heebie Jeebies - but how can one NOT get nervous about any procedure!!!???

      You got to be superwoman or man to not get a little jittery!

      But you know the ol story and same ol same ol advice we give all of each other ~ get busy at getting healthy and setting up your nest!

      I love that word nest - but you can use Control Center if it fits your personality more

      Lots of long walks and hot soaks and all the pampering your wallet will handle Ging - new Jammies too! Love love love new jammies!

      Of course a bell so all your servants hear you when you need another iced tea or some nibblies ......hee hee......

      Focus on you and the family and look forward to the positive recovery side of your Ane - you poor soul you have been SO darn brave waiting
      and waiting and waiting for Coiling!

      At least they have the stent done so that's now out of the way! Of course you will just fly through this Ging - you are a strong woman!

      And you know you are not going alone - we we will all be comming enmasse and hold your hand and make sure the nurses bring your warm blankeys and socks.

      You know - we really should have a BRAIN TALK procedure room where we get the best IR"s and surgeons at half the price and lots of chairs for our cheering team!
      :p
      Stay busy Ging!
      sigpic Tropical Trish
      7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
      One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

      Comment


        #4
        Thanks Trish, I am already gathering jammies and recording my favorite shows so I can sleep through them Again,That's what I do best, I like the background noise :) as I get closer to the date, I am sure I will need a boost of courage from you all, but for now, I am feeling strong ...well sorta strong :)

        Comment


          #5
          Don't you love DVR's? :) I know that it is extremely hard, but try to relax and it sounds like you are preparing well! You know that we are here for encouragement and to send out our prayers and warm blankies your way--lol! What is the exact date of your procedure? I need to make me a little BT calendar so I can keep track of things ;)
          Candice-37 years old
          7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
          4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
          September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

          Comment


            #6
            September 8th, and they will do a angio/ coiling all at the same time, it saves me a step and an extra round of probing!
            Thanks for the good wishes and the promise of those warm blankies and prayers, I gladly accept them all :)
            Hugs and thanks, GING

            Comment


              #7
              Back in the Saddle

              Hi there Trish, Gong, Scandacie and et al.

              I think I found my way back as well. It will be a little rough to relearn the system but as Trish mentioned it may turn out to be much better. We trust it will. I am healpin my best friend deal with early dimentia and serious depression (suicidal ideation). I have been very busy with him every day so I will not be as active here until I can get him into an assisted living center. He has no family in our area or any one to help guide him through this process. He is 59 years old and from Spain. He speaks and understands a little english but he needs help keeping appoinments and paper work straight. This proces is very grueling a lot of hoops to jump through, misunderstandings with providers and agencies. I have to be there with him even at his doctors appointments.

              Ging, hang in there girlfriend. The hebbie jeebies are only natural as you very well know. You have helped some of us through them. We'll be there for you. Remember that the state of the art and experience in the field of coiling has advanced in the last five years. They would not be attempting to coli your annie if it was not possible or indicated. You will do just fine. Just try to think about life without the worry of a time bomb in your head. It is wonderful to not even think about my aneuyrsm any more.

              Best wishes to all "I'll be back" soon.

              don

              Comment


                #8
                Yay Don, so happy you made your way back here.Thanks for your wise words and I am very happy you are not having
                The aneurysm worry any more.I am so blessed to have the support of this forum , you are good people and doing
                a wonderful thing helping your friend. GING

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hey!

                  Hi Ging,

                  I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I KNOW exactly how you're feeling unfortunately, as do many here so you already know you're not alone and we'll all be there with you in spirit and light. You've always been such a comfort to me, so I only hope I can do you're support justice.

                  I supposed the ONLY good thing about knowing what's coming is preparing right? I did the same thing. Got DVDs and set up DVR programs because I knew I'd just be a bump on a log for a few days while I recovered. Everything will be fine....been there, done that right?

                  Glad Brain Talk is back up and running.....need to find my way around again!

                  {{{{{{Hugs}}}}}
                  Hodi (oops...Heidi ;-)
                  Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Heidi, you are so much fun,you make me smile at my self. Honey, I am just like everyone on here, even though I had an attempted coiling before and complications , I will go forward with this and hope I come through without any problems, hey they might even fix my speller ! Tee he :) I am ready!
                    Hey do any of you remember Viper?( Tony) he is having the bone section sanded that they had to remove during his clipping, he is on Facebook and is going in for round three!, I guess they need to try and get him a better fit now that the swelling has gone down,
                    Thank you so much for your post Heidi, it means so much to be remembered! (((hugs to you as well)))) GING :):)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Ging,
                      I have been away from here for a long time and it is so good to see ppl are still here. I am glad to see that the doctors are going to try and they will, as you sweet ging have the ultimate surgeon as well as an excellent doctor that you have chosen.
                      So while you have these days, go get your mani/pedi, some new comfy cloths to recover in, get your hair done, and color as well. Visit with your family and friends and giggle as often as you can, and when that fails ask for more xanax.........that is what i did. All of that kept me busy while i waited to get blood thinners out of system.
                      Funny to, those weeks they were showing the movie over and over, ....Legands of the Fall .....so a young Brad Pitt playing Tristan was just what i needed.
                      lean on your ppl.

                      blessings,
                      jane

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Jane, so so happy to hear from you , I have written to you , but it has been a while, so much has gone on here for me, I think of you often and I will be A TGen.
                        Scared, but you know that,... I hope you are doing okay, I would see an occasional post and saw where you had been in and out of the hospital, Honey I hope you are better, I have a week from tomorrow, tic tic tic, so I am getting my room all ready. Thank you so much for posting, I miss you Honey. Hugs Ging :)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Sending positive vibes!!!

                          Hi Ging!
                          Have been reading your updates- and you sound like you are absolutely ready to get to that hospital and get the surgery started.
                          Hopefully it will make a huge difference to your health and brighten your life.
                          I'll be thinking of you during the next few weeks- please keep us updated when you can.
                          Warmest wishes
                          Trace x

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Okay, here I am trying to teach myself to breath .
                            I started the plavix today for Thursdays surgery. I feel like my mind is running like one of those little hamsters on the excercise wheel.:
                            I am thinking I have so much I need to do, but really don't , but I guess if I think it, I am really telling myself "I'm not ready !"
                            It is odd that I have tried my best to be comforting to others on here and thinking I was done and would never have to listen to my own advice. Now here I am Jello, and soon I will be a four hundred pound glob of jello. It seems all my supporters here want to feed me comfort food ! I just might have to get duct tape to hold back that belly so they can find that all important artery they need! Gee and me being adheasive sensitive.
                            I have had a couple of panic attacks already and probably need something more than a .05 mg of ativan, I may even have to chase it with a little fruit of the vine, !
                            I guess this will all fall into place once I get to the hospital and they start their busy work on me, then it is just a matter of waiting for the next needle or blood work before they get started. I will have two of my three sons here, my husband,
                            and my adopted brother , who will whisper the words from the movie "the Help" in my ear, I am kind, I am smart, I am important, he is so cute to cheer me like that, I loved the movie, saw it twice.
                            My youngest wanted a date night with his mom, he chose the movie and the resturant for dinner, I felt special. Oh well I am rambling, I hope I didn't bore too much, I was just needing to write some of the happenings of my last few days. I have a busy next couple so I won't be on here much, but good luck to all who are going for check ups or having procedures. Don, Will, I hope you are still making great strides in your recovery ..
                            Julie I have had you in my thoughts everyday since your post, I pray you are recovering well, I know the excerises they give
                            are painful , but necessary to regain full range of motion. Take good care all and thanks for thinking of me and sending your good thoughts up for me, Hugs and love to you all, Ging

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Breathe Ging Breathe! :o

                              You are doing well I can see and keeping busy as a bee...even on the annoying Plavix. That stuff just makes you bruise all over the body.

                              Can't have you showing up for your coiling looking like you were in a brawl

                              You just follow that good advice you give - you know - where you tell folks that the Coiling Dude absolutley can do this with his eyes closed as he does these coilings so frequently and all successfully!

                              To us it's such an enormous event and to these IR's - well of course they take it serious and of course they are concerned all the way - but it's what they do and do and do! So you are in good hands Ging.

                              I just hate to think of you turning into jello! I think you would be a bright yellow jello though if you were jello... as you are always so sunny and cheerful. Yessss a bright sparkly yellow!

                              You hang in there Kiddo and you know we are rooting for you and you are in all our thoughts all the time.

                              I am just getting my bag packed now and ready to go so I'm not late getting on the cheerleader bus bright and early on the 8th! You know we will all be there in spirit with you cheering you on and bringing lots of good healing light. Wear your sunglasses ! it's going to be bright in there!
                              :o

                              My best to you Ging!
                              Last edited by TropicalTrish; 09-05-2011, 04:37 PM.
                              sigpic Tropical Trish
                              7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
                              One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X