Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ten years with coiling

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Ten years with coiling

    Hi, I used to post here many years ago but drifted away. In November it will be 10 years since my basilar aneurysm was coiled and what a journey I've been on since.

    I had a rupture ten years ago and was coiled due to the location. Since then I was to have another aneurysm. In the pica area.

    The basilar annie has never occulded so I'm on the fourth coiling for that one. The pica is on her second coiling. I also have a stent for the basilar.

    On September 20th I go for my angio to see if there will be more coilings. Please say a prayer for me. I would like to not have to go through anymore coiling. The pica annie they are trying to talk me into a clipping which scares me to death.
    Take care,
    Dawn

    #2
    Dawn, I understand you completely, I am recovering from my Basilar coiling right now, I will pray that you will not have to go through any more coilings, they are hard. I am sorry , I don't know what the " pica" is , please educate me okay? I will cheer you on and give you all the support that I can, I know it is scary to think about the clipping, I know many who have done fine with this even though they had extra healing to go through. All of it is hard for sure, but honey you know we are here and one of us will jump in to offer any support we can. I wish you well and please keep posting , you give me hope when I think about my own coiling of the Basilar Aneurysm.hugs to you Dawn and know you are not alone .GING :)

    Comment


      #3
      Thank Ging, a PICA is an aneurysm on the posterior inferior cerebellar artery. It's not a very common place to have an aneurysm.
      Take care,
      Dawn

      Comment


        #4
        Hey Dawn,

        Well .............welcome back to BT for sure!

        10 years!!! You are a survivor but man - rough road for you.

        And Coiling was relatively new when you got yours too!

        I am 3 years out from stent and 10 coils on the Basilar Tip so Ging and I are twins in a way and now we have you too!

        Poor Ging has has just gone thru the Angiogram and Stent and Coiling - so she will have lots of new "stuff" maybe, to tell you!

        They are watching another Ane for me on the hypophyseal artery..... Ohhhh well....

        Ahhhh yes - this year is the MRI instead of Angiogram for me - but like you I am sure - I have had quite a few - 5 I think.

        I never liked anything about them except the bed rest as I normally can't keep still :)

        You are NOT going alone though Dawn - I and others will come with you in spirit - you can count on us! We send you good thoughts all day

        long and it really helps!

        Lots of prayers and lots of great thoughts for you.

        My best.

        It is certainly a long hard day in the hospital going thru the dratted procedure.
        Last edited by TropicalTrish; 09-20-2011, 08:59 AM.
        sigpic Tropical Trish
        7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
        One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

        Comment


          #5
          Dawn, it's great to see you posting on here again!! I can't even begin to imagine what you have been through, but what an achievement!! 10 years is wonderful! You know that you have the inner strength to face whatever is to come, but as you know, you are never alone here on BT :) I'll send you some white light for your angio.

          Hugs,

          Nat xx
          sigpicTo see a world in a grain of sand,
          And a heaven in a wild flower,
          Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
          And eternity in an hour. - William Blake.

          Comment


            #6
            You know Dawn, if my aneurysm had been in a " clipping position" it would have been my choice of treatment. All this angio check ups and bleeding from the groin site has knocked me on my*** , well you know :) , I would have like to have been done, now I face the dreaded six month angio, plus being on the plavix and looking like I am beaten severally , ughhhh!, :( i have had a few pity parties and would have gone into a full fetal position at times if I could have bent my left leg, but here I am a new morning and hoping for the best :) :) :), we are a close group Dawn, and we can put our worries, fears and just every question that pops into our minds out here and we know someone in our group will jump in and help carry some of the concerns that are too heavy for just you, we care and you have been a help to me already, I am thinking ten years , yes I just might think about a new bucket list for the next ten years :) ! Keep posting and let us know what is happening, GING

            Comment


              #7
              10 Years!

              Welcome Back Dawn,

              Congrats on 10 years after initial coiling. So sorry you've had to have more though. I too, had more coils inserted and another Annie was discovered that they're watching. I will also go through another stressful check up in a month or so. I know you're scared, it's completely understandable after everything you've already been through.

              I suppose the double edge sword is that we KNOW what's going on as opposed to not knowing and having a rupture. we can DO something before it gets to that point and yes, there is risk, but look at what you've already survived! WOW! You're amazing. Knowing is good and it's bad, but you're here, right? :-)

              Hang in there and keep living.
              Heidi
              Ruptured 11mm annie on 10/5/06. Left internal carotid artery. Coiled at Maine Med. Portland, ME. 16 coils. Coils compacting Dec. 2010. Stent implanted 3/16/2011 and 4 more new coils added 4/27/2011 by Dr. Ecker. Another 4mm annie discovered Dec. 2010. Older sister died from rupture 5/29/12. Smaller annie grew & was clipped in Jan. 2014. Orig. annie getting new remnant. Possible flow diversion needed now. Check out my Brain Blog: Brain Blog

              Comment


                #8
                Dawm. Thinking about you today and saying prayers for good news. I had a rupture 2007 on the left PICA. Was coiled, then a shunt and then liquid onyx the following year. Hang in there and let us know how it goes. Shelly
                Shelly

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hope you are home and resting Dawn, and can give us an update soon as to how things went for you!

                  I know you must be so tired from yesterday.

                  Remember to drink drink drink and flush the dye out but no pushing/pulling/bending/lifting for awhile!!!

                  My best to you
                  sigpic Tropical Trish
                  7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
                  One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Dawn, Hope your angio showed good news for you, I hope you are resting and can let us know soon how you are doing :)
                    Ging

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Great news, after always having an angio every two years I'm now ready to advance to five years!!!!

                      Everything went as plan with no problems. I did tell the neuroradiloist (?) that he can't retire.lol

                      He has a ways to retire but I was afraid that he would retire early since he is the CEO of the company. He's done all of my angios. He also was one of the doctor's who saved my life. You can see why I want him as long as I can.

                      Thank you for caring!!!!
                      Last edited by dawnmn; 09-22-2011, 12:19 PM.
                      Take care,
                      Dawn

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Oh Dawn, that is wonderful news, I am very happy for you! Woo Hoo

                        Comment


                          #13
                          That is good news Dawn - so the first one is good and the 2nd one hasn't changed for you?

                          Do you know that there are so many folk who don't even get the Angio's? They just get MRI's

                          You got pull girl!

                          But - how are you feeling? Was it a long day in hospital and did they use anchors or just the sandbags?

                          Do you get the pain and twilight cocktail or do you do the Angio raw?

                          Would love to hear the details as things change all the time! Glad you IR can't retire!

                          My best
                          sigpic Tropical Trish
                          7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
                          One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Each annie is holding it's own. I don't know if they are occulded or not. I was just so happy to hear the five years that every question went out of my mind.

                            My IR wouldn't use the plug because he says he doesn't want to put anything more into the body. I did have the plug once and it hurt like crazy. I just rather laid there for four hours.

                            No, I get drugs. It just zones me out enough where I can hear his instructions and that's about all I can hear or feel.

                            They don't use sandbags either. Someone pushes down on the wound for 15 minutes,

                            I'm sure this sounds nuts but I would rather have the angio than the MRI or MRA. I can't stand the noise from the machine. Also, I also know for sure that no blood is getting into the annies. I think that all of the problems I had that they feel the angio is the best to look at mine.

                            I am the one that calls them first. They will call and schedule an appointment but I just never can wait so I call first and set up the appointment.
                            Take care,
                            Dawn

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I had clipping, would not do it any other way.
                              Everything went as smooth as butter.
                              You will be fine.
                              Praying for you.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X