Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star close S E

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Star close S E

    Does anyone have information on this type of closer? I thought at first it was something that dissolved over time, now I read it is a clip that is put in to close the femoral artery. Do these stay forever? Has anyone had any problems with these? I have this and am one that likes to know about what is in my body ! It would seem that I had the events reversed, I thought the clip did not work and they had to apply extra pressure, but I think the bleeding was so bad they had to use this instead, now I am concerned about future angiograms! Can they remove these? So many questions I know , but my mind is all over the place! Thanks for any information that you can provide, , GING

    #2
    Here's some info on the Star CLosure Ging

    I had disovable anchors in both my arteries - I think it took a few months to disolve

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
    sigpic Tropical Trish
    7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
    One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

    Comment


      #3
      Ging,

      I have 2 Star Close devices. I questioned my IR at my last angiogram and he said it was fine. Just keep your card in your wallet in case you have to have anything emergent, but I have found I just tell people. They just need to be aware of it but it did not stop me from having procedures at all. I think they told me the first time that I got one, that they had been able to put 52 in the artery of a pig. I guess we should be fine then

      Sometimes, I do feel them pinch and I swear I feel my blood tumble through there sometimes!!!
      Candice-37 years old
      7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
      4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
      September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

      Comment


        #4
        From what I have read Ging and Candice these new star closures seem to be the cat’s meow!

        Personally ~ I am tired of having foreign parts in my body


        With the coils and stent and various other pieces of medical flotsam I have - count em - 37 miscellaneous parts in me.

        Yup - I feel like the Million Dollar Lady some days and that is not my bank account!:ambivalence:


        None of the parts set off the airport detectors though ~ but I wonder what the screeners see on their nekid TV when they look at my body!


        I have no comment on the pig ~ other than "poor pig"
        Last edited by TropicalTrish; 10-03-2011, 10:11 AM.
        sigpic Tropical Trish
        7mm Basilar Tip~Coiled & Stent Nov4/08 Watch List 2nd Ane
        One of the great labor-saving devices of today is tomorrow!

        Comment


          #5
          poor pig :(,
          candice, I did not know you had to have angiograms if you were clipped ??
          are both of your "stars" in the same leg?
          I have to have my follow up angio in March, I would prefer the disolvable kind if the pressure doesnt work, I don't like the pinch I get when I bend my leg to far, like to paint my toe nails, big mess there :)

          Comment


            #6
            Ging,
            Unfortunately I had to have the angiograms because of problems. They did the first because they couldn't see my second annie. A CTA didn't help because of artifact from the clip they had to determine the exact size shape to come up with a plan on what to do. I had to have the second angiogram because I was experiencing near syncope and we where worried about occlusion at the clips. It turned out to be extreme vasovagal response--so thank God no surgery!

            They were able to go into the right femoral artery both times with no problems at all. I was really worried about it, but the IR said it was no problem. The pinch did get better, but I do still feel it at times. I think it is really strange that I can feel a "tumbling" feeling sometimes right where they are. It is almost like you feel when your stomach rumbles. I wonder about scar tissue.
            Candice-37 years old
            7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
            4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
            September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

            Comment


              #7
              Candice, I get the same feeling on my leg, like a tub being drained, ha ha and I was hoping the pinch would go away if scar tissue padded it up !
              Oh well, we are alive and kicking, (not to high) but kicking :)

              Comment


                #8
                LOL--We are that!!! Remember our blessings daily (I have to tell myself that constantly) At least, it will get a little better with time!
                Candice-37 years old
                7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
                4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
                September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hi Ging and all,

                  Just as a FYI, I have had at least four Star Closures over the last 6 years in two arteries (left and right), and I have had at least three of them work their way out of my body. The only reason I have actually seen them is that I use one of those plastic scrunchy things in the shower, and have caught three in the plastic webbing. I have never had any artery bleeding after finding these Star Closures, and I have not had any bruising, before or after. I asked my NIR about them (since he placed two of them) and he said that having a Star Closure work it's way out of my body was rare , but understandable. My artery was healed and my body was moving it out.

                  So perhaps your body will eventually clean itself.
                  Sending all of you a (((Hug)))).
                  JulieNH

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Still can't get used to being a "New" community member....haven't been here for awhile, but I've been here forr six years....
                    JulieNH

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I know , we all had to re register and earn our distinguished status, ha ha :)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Just a few more posts though, Julie. I only had 13 and I'm not "new" anymore :) BTW, I am glad those worked there way out! Our bodies are amazing things!!!
                        Candice-37 years old
                        7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
                        4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
                        September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Julie, I am just stunned! I can't imagine the star working its way out of my body with out some bleeding of some kind, where does it come out of , the same place in the groin? Geez this is something to think about.
                          I think of it as something like a chip bag closer and when I bend my leg and get a pinch the clip will shift off the artery and ...well there goes the chips !!!!
                          I always knew you were the one with the latest information, but this defineatly is one for my NIR, I hope it does as you said. Did you actually see them in your net scrubbie? I am amazed the more I think about it.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I went for an ultrasound of the leg with the star closer, I hope I will hear next week,
                            The tech asked me if I have an appointment with the doctor after the test,
                            I told her only if something shows to be not as it should be. ., she said she could clearly see where they went in,did not mention seeing the star!
                            So now I wait... ;-/ hugs to you all
                            Julie, thank you for the two new articles !

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Ging--let us know what you find out! How are you doing?
                              Candice-37 years old
                              7 mm ophthalmic annie clipped Nov 14, 2007
                              4 mm daughter annie clipped March 11, 2009
                              September 2009 diagnosed with Trigeminal Neuralgia

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X