Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut Down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Hi Tattoo,

    I work for the state and by state law none of this nonsense should have happened. I have been on the go checking out the ADA laws (American Disability Association) and their laws but I didn't think about the Rehabilitation Act
    thank you for the info. I will be sure to check that out since Tuesday is the meeting. If their are students in the school with E as well as other physcial or emotional disabilities I will also be standing up for them as well as all of us.
    Wishing you only the best and May God Bless You!

    Sue

    Comment


      #17
      Based on my recent experience, what was said to you was a "Discriminatory Slur". These are links re Workplace Violence which includes such verbal attacks etc. The actual verbal confrontation with the use of the s$$& word was violent according to he links here in that it was "disruptive", assaulting, intimidating, and harassing etc. Tattoo

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      The USDA Handbook on
      Workplace Violence
      Prevention and
      Response

      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Re Verbal
      Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

      Comment


        #18
        Hi Folks,

        Well today was the meeting and my co worker deined ever tell me I had a shi**y attitude didn't you take you med comment when the both of us were in the school principals office. She called me a liar and that's when I spoke up
        and said "Why would I be here if this was a lie I'm here to get things worked out" My co worker continued on yelling at both the principal and me and I finally said "If what you said isn't true I wouldn't be here and why did you cut down
        2 other staff this past week for no reason?" After that was said my co worker was dead silent, I then said you work in Special Ed. just like I do and I'm sure many students take meds, have sz. just like I do so how can you work with them if
        you are giving me a hard time?" That's when the principal spoke up and agreed with me 100% my co worker got mad and left the office and the principal asked me to stay to tell me I handled the issue the correct way and that things will be
        taken care of, the principal also told me I wouldn't be written up nor am I in any trouble. He was on my side all the way. What my co worker and principal doesn't know is that I reported this matter to my local epilepsy support group so if
        anymore garbage starts up the lawyer will come down to the school and have it out with the principal and any other co workers that cause problems. Here's wishing all of you only the best, thanks for all of your support and info., May God Bless All of You!

        Sue

        Comment


          #19
          Hi Folks,
          I got a surprise this week after the big cut down at work my co worker was told to either transfer to work at another school or to retire. I have no idea what my co worker did but I do know that my co worker is no longer
          at the same place of employment as I am. I was hoping things would work out for us but my co worker just got more angry at me for speaking to the principal about the matter. In the long run the principal agreed with me that
          nobody should be cut down because they have epilepsy or any other medical condition. Here's wishing all of you well and May God Bless You!

          Sue

          Comment


            #20
            Glad it is over for you and that things seem to have worked out. That's a lot of stress. When I filed the complaint as you may recall regarding my school's attitude, similar things happened in that the one responsible is not longer there, and the university is now complaint with Fed law when they weren't until then. You have made things better for those who will come after you as well as for those there now. God job! Tell me, what is the Epilepsy Support Group you referred to that has a lawyer? I have seem any Epilepsy group actually do anything for us. May be my part of the country too. Tattoo

            Comment


              #21
              Hi Tattoo,

              The Epilepsy Support Group I'm speaking about is right near my home town and I called them and left a message telling them what was going on, they got a lawyer in on the matter and that's all it took. Here's wishing you well
              and May God Bless You!

              Sue

              Comment

              Working...
              X