All's well in my world. Going back to Canada for a couple of weeks to see the grands and to see my darling daughter graduate from university on the 6th. Soooo proud of her! Later folks...sending good vibes for all. Lorraine
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
OT May Chit Chat
Collapse
X
-
I agree with Ann, Sally! That would really shake me up too. Please don't ever open your door to anyone in the middle of the night. Just too dangerous in this day and age. There are criminals who pose as policemen in order to gain their victim's trust. Just glad that wasn't the case this time.
Sounds like the girl was a runaway, but the policeman should not be pounding on random doors in the middle of the night on just the kid's word that she lives there! She should have been taken to the station and her parents called from there. That's what they would have done anyway if you had not answered the door.
I'd report and complain about the incident to the police department. It's gotta be against police policy to do that!
Take care,
Joan
Comment
-
It must be catching Sal. Last night (or early this morning) at 3:30 am daughter and SIL came banging in the door apparently and no we don't lock the doors, the cat knocked the cordless phone off the table and it hit her speed dial # both my wife and my cell phones were in the living room. She wasn't sure if my wife had gone to see her mom this weekend and she thought that I was home alone and something happened (cant imagine what could have ever given her that idea) needless to say we will be more careful with the cordless phone and we will keep one of the cells in the bedroom!Originally posted by Cherie View Post
Ditto!

We had a 100% chance of rain today and we had about 10 drops hit the house but it was perfect weather for working outside. I installed a drip irrigation in the garden bought a starter kit at Home Depot best $18 I ever spent I think that I will put it on a timer as well and put everything except the potatoes of course, on drip means less water and that means less weeds.
Been feeling pretty good as long as I remember to not over due :) it would be nice to go at least 1 month without going to the doctor.
Be healthy everyone.
Comment
-
Gary,
I think it is wonderful and essential that you have the emergency alert system in place with the family. The cat knocking the phone off the hook was a great disaster drill! I guess you have an assistance cat?
Also, I'm interested in your irrigation system for $18 from Home Depot. I have put out way more plants than I usually do and am watering by hand every couple of days when there has been no rain (but we've had a lot of rain lately). I just don't know if I'll be able to continue the routine when the real heat settles in.
Foot drop is hinting at causing a problem again and the whole left side of my body is in spasm. Had a great massage today and she really did some deep (uncomfortable) work on some of the attachments that were keeping things in spasm. I am more comfortable than I have been in about 6 weeks. Please....if this stuff is causing pain for you, see a PT or LMT and get some help. It often does not take a lot to gain a great deal of comfort and function and energy back.
Comment
-
:) Hi everyone. In the neighborhood we live in we would never open the door in the middle of the night. I often do not open it during the day unless I put the chain on first and I have a Mace container hanging right by the door. We have a camera on the front door and I can see who is there and sometimes there are black or Latino teens at the door and there are gangs in this area, so we are careful.
David called the head of the transplant team today in Virginia. She had said after his first application that he might be a candidate for a resection or lobectomy of his liver but his doctor did nothing about that. She remembred his case and agreed she would see him if he would come up there with his records to that VA. He went to the local VA today and had a CT scan and he will be able to get those results and his records Tuesday morning. He is going to get them and then get on I 95 and go to Virginia.
If they want to operate his sister (the nurse practitioner in CT) will go to Virginia and stay with him. David is going up in his RV. David's spirits are better now that something is at least being considered. While he is gone I am going to check into Merry Maids. Also I will be praying a lot.
I saw my doctor and the eye doctor and got the DMV forms filled out to send to the state medical committee to see if they will allow me to take the test for the sixth year. I hate the stress it causes me.
Gary glad you are better. Peg I'm sorry about Annie. Cherie glad you are doing ok now. Hi to all the rest of you. Please keep the prayers coming. Thanks, Jeanie :)
Comment
-
Jeanie,, I am hoping this helps your David,, your right stress is a factor here, for both of you..get Merry Maids,, nothing like a clean house, to lift a person up,,
Gary,, 10 drops ?,, well good,, use it wisely.. we have soaker hoses all over the garden, flower garden,, artcian well so we water all night,, our rains missed us,, just west of us,, about 30 miles away. a town, got 5 inches rain,,so not fair !,, hahahaha !
I am ok,,not better, but fighting to be stable,, we go to the cemetarys this week end,, I have yellow roses for our daughter Staci, white roses for mom and dad,,pink roses for my sister Nancy..
take care now.. enjoy the holiday,," Don't outsmart your common sense"
Peg
Comment
-
I love our little town police force and they are always right there when I need them. If it had been my DD, I would have apreciated the Officer bringing her home, rather than to the station..Originally posted by nuthatch View PostI'd report and complain about the incident to the police department. It's gotta be against police policy to do that!
Take care,
Joan
Love, Sally
"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost
Comment
-
:) Hi everyone. David left this morning to get his records from the local VA and head to Virginia VA. I took him to dinner last night for Memorial Day. He got out his yearbook from basic training in 1965 and he looks like he is not even old enough to shave in the photo.
While at dinner at Outback last night a child screamed and made noises continuously through our dinner. He was right across from us. On our way out the father had finally taken him outside.
David stopped and told the grandfather and mother that they should not bring their child to a nice restaurant unless he knew how to behave. The grandfather got up in David's face and David told him to back up and he pushed David. David came outside with the manager and the mother came out screaming at David to leave. Years ago David would have fought back, but he has mellowed and he did not want to embarass me.
We got in the van and a sheriff pulled up. I told David we should wait and see if he was called for that. He was and the manager was waiting outside for him. They then came to the van and David got out and told him what happened. He also mentioned that he has a concealed weapons permit and has his gun on and under Florida law if you feel threatened you can shoot. He asked if David wanted to press charges and David said no.
Driving home he said he wished he had asked the officer to make the grandfather apologize. David said he heard Kathi Lee and Hoda say you should say something to parents when their children are unruly in a restaurant. He said maybe when the family cools down they will realize their kid needs training. I doubt that myself.
After David left this morning I went back to bed and I just got up. I am probably going to sleep for a few days and then call Merry Maids. Jeanie :)
Comment
-
Since we eat most of our meals out we have heard a lot of unruly children. Some parents will just let them run loose in the restaurant. I wish parents would teach their children how to act in public as it is very annoying to others.
GabriellaProgressive/Relapsing MS, Myasthenia Gravis, Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Diabetes, Hypertension, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis
Advocate for ADA, Artist's Community for Change, ADAPT, Universal Living in Place, HopeKeepers, Complementary and Alternative Medicine
"Life is mostly froth and bubble, two things stand like stone. Kindness in another's trouble, Courage in your own"........Adam Lindsay Gordon
Comment
-
Good day today. Went to the MS Dream Center a half hour from here for the morning. We started out with Bible Study then went into Tai Chi all before lunch. Not a huge crowd today...about 35...but really nice interactions and fellowship.
I just found out that Becky's inlaws are coming to stay here the day of her ordination so they can go to her first service as as an ordained Deacon the next morning. I had not heard she was serving and if that is the case, will need someone to cover for me as a Lector at our Church that morning. I just think it is lovely that in the 7 years since they have been married, we have offered and never gotten her inlaws down for an overnight and it's happening!
Tomorrow I have more vestments to make to be ready by mid June. I also want to get a couple more cooling vests made before the weather gets really hot. We put the window A/C units in yesterday so the weather is already starting to get uncomfortable and draining. I felt like MS yesterday with the humidity and heat. It affected my cognition and everything till I put on cooling collars and vest then I was better. I need to be more diligent this year when it gets uncomfortable. I have not been so good at that in the past but it is my commitment to me this year.
Comment

Comment