Hi All,
It has been 6 years since my last relapse, but I guess all good things must come to an end eventually. My right leg is giving me serous problems and the nerve pain is particularly unpleasant. I forgot how bad a relapse can be and how all controlling it is. I have been on bed rest and have taken to using my wheelchair instead of my rollator.
I fell, although I managed not to do any real damage. Still it was a blow to my ego and my confidence. But using my wheelchair has restored my sense of safety.
Here is my question: Do I need steroids to recover from this relapse? I would like to avoid prednisone or solu-medrol if at all possible, even if it means it will take me a little longer to recover.
I have a scheduled teleconference with my neuro on May 5th, and I am hoping he will not insist on a 3 day cycle of solu-medrol, but I am preparing myself for it. Has anyone here recovered from a significant relapse, without steroid treatment? How long did it take you to get back to your baseline?
Thanks, as always
Dar
It has been 6 years since my last relapse, but I guess all good things must come to an end eventually. My right leg is giving me serous problems and the nerve pain is particularly unpleasant. I forgot how bad a relapse can be and how all controlling it is. I have been on bed rest and have taken to using my wheelchair instead of my rollator.
I fell, although I managed not to do any real damage. Still it was a blow to my ego and my confidence. But using my wheelchair has restored my sense of safety.
Here is my question: Do I need steroids to recover from this relapse? I would like to avoid prednisone or solu-medrol if at all possible, even if it means it will take me a little longer to recover.
I have a scheduled teleconference with my neuro on May 5th, and I am hoping he will not insist on a 3 day cycle of solu-medrol, but I am preparing myself for it. Has anyone here recovered from a significant relapse, without steroid treatment? How long did it take you to get back to your baseline?
Thanks, as always
Dar

Comment