Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spring forward!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Spring forward!

    It's that time of year again--time to lose an hour.

    I don't know why this has to come along on the very weekend when I'm busy trying to get this place all shipshape for an inspection bright and early Monday morning but it is what it is.

    Looking on the plus side, we get the hour back in the fall.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    #2
    I heard on the news tonight that more heart problems happen the first few days after daylight savings time starts. I know most people like it better, but I don't. I just do not sleep as well. I don't know why, but I just don't.
    Virginia

    Comment


      #3
      It's another adjustment to have to make. There may come a time in life when a person just doesn't want to do much adjusting. I think I'm at that time.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        Well said Agate, I am also at that point.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

          Thank you for the reminder, agate. Hope all goes well with your inspection tomorrow.

          I absolutely loathe Daylight Savings Time! Like the Electoral College, DST is antiquated and unnecessary and should be abolished. Abolishing DST was on our state ballot several years ago, but it didn't pass. I suppose it would be problematic, unless all of the U.S. was DST-free.

          Virginia, that is disturbing news correlating an increase in heart problems to DST changes. Now, there is a scientific fact, which should prompt us to nix DST!

          I used to drive Jim bonkers over DST. When he'd ask me what time it was, I would reply, "Well, the clock says XX, but it's actually YY." Twice a year, for a week. Like you, and most people, I have trouble adjusting. Also, I don't want to go to bed with sunshine and wake up with darkness.

          Not a thing I or we can do about it. Stay well everyone!

          Love & Light,

          ❤️❤️❤️❤️

          Rose

          Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

          Comment


            #6
            In my childhood there was no Daylight Savings Time. There was just time. That was bad enough because it had a way of passing when you weren't noticing but having to tinker with it twice a year just seems wrong.

            It seems to have been around since 1918 but there are still a couple of states that don't observe it, and that just complicates everything, especially when travel is a concern because the schedules are all bolluxed up. And now there's a push to switch to year-round Daylight Savings Time. That might be a solution. At least we'd be spared the twice-yearly adjustments.

            Or a person could move to the equator. They don't have it there because there isn't enough variation in the light.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #7
              I am not liking these dark mornings tho’ the evenings are quite nice. Also it’s nice and warm here. Close to 70 tomorrow.

              ANN in PA
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                #8
                ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                agate ~

                Yes, please, let's return to our childhood, when time was just time! I'm not a fan of moving to a country on the equator. It can get pretty hot there, and half of the countries are poverty stricken.

                Also, I erred ... it isn't Daylight Savings Time, it is Daylight Saving Time. I dislike it so much, I refuse to get its name right!

                I hope everyone sleeps well and wakes up refreshed tomorrow!

                Love & Light,

                ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                Rose
                Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                Comment


                  #9
                  This was on the news on TV this evening too--legislation is pending that would make Daylight Saving Time permanent:

                  Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                  I would welcome the change. It's the constant switching back and forth that bothers me.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Oh heck!!!!
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Rose, just received another article from Medpage Today and there was something in there about daylight saving time and standard time. Seems we are definitely in the minority. Over twice as many people prefer daylight saving year round. However, the article goes into the fact that standard time is more in alignment with the body's circadian rhythm. It again talks of more heart attacks, car crashes and other things when switched to daylight saving but not when we go back to standard.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #12
                        ((((((Hugs to All)))))) ~

                        ANN ~

                        I am with you about the darkness in the morning. I actually look forward to bedtime, as I didn't have one for decades. I am not fond of the light in the evenings.

                        I remember sending Michael off to school on his bus at the break of dawn. It was so difficult for him, and I complained about it for a year and half. Regular education kids were picked up in daylight. It was discriminatory. Finally, I won, and they sent a wonderful bus driver to pick up Michael. His name: Jim. They told him to make me "happy." He did! ❤️

                        agate ~

                        Yes, the switching back and forth is annoying. I am surprised that the Senate passed this bill. They don't seem to agree on much of anything else, so I guess this was an easy one to pass.

                        Virginia ~

                        I know several people, who would prefer that we have standard time. So, why did the Senate pass a bill for permanent Daylight Saving Time? Hmmm ... there must be something in it for them ... oh, yes, midterm elections.

                        Here's to all of us adjusting to the time change as soon as possible.

                        Love & Light,

                        ❤️❤️❤️❤️

                        Rose

                        Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          There's considerable evidence that standard time is better for our health, and so why not just make standard time permanent? Would that be too much like admitting that Daylight Saving Time wasn't such a good idea, after all, and "they" just don't want to admit that?

                          From MedPage Today (March 17), "Experts Warn of Permanent Daylight Saving Time Risks":

                          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14


                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Good cartoon Agate. I needed a laugh this morning!
                              Here in the northeast I can not imagine what schools would do with little ones waiting for the bus in the dark. I also love it when we fall back and it is getting dark by 4pm. As a farmer it gives me permission to put the day to bed without feeling lazy.
                              I think the decisions are being motivated by business and not people interests. Businesses want people out spending money in the evenings. This kind of decision seems to fit that model.
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X