Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

October chit-chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I haven't been offered much seafood since I was 18 or 19 when I went with a friend to celebrate her 21st birthday. We had lobster! I was very excited and thought it would be wonderful. Ugh ugh ugh. I think that was one of the most horrible things I've ever tasted. And, after that, every time I tasted anything seafood I hated it. I don't like any sort of "fish" and I certainly don't want any sort of snail.

    Comment


      Maybe the lobster wasn't well cooked. Was it the texture or the flavor that you disliked? It shouldn't have been tough but it should still have been fairly chewy.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        I haven't had lobster for a long time. I had it quite often when growing up. Lobster with melted butter is delicious.
        Last edited by Prot; 10-28-2024, 08:59 PM.
        Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
        the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

        Comment


          I used to love it too--yes to the melted butter and maybe some lemon juice.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            Definitely lemon juice. I'd forgotten about that.
            Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
            the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

            Comment


              Lemon juice seems to work well with just about any seafood.

              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                That's very true.If I had the money to do so it would be fish/seafood > meat. It's a comparative thing. I don't dislike meat. I just like fish and seafood better.
                Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                Comment


                  I used to enjoy lobster a lot, when I went somewhere that I knew cooked it right. Now, I no longer go those places. We had one place here that displayed the live lobster in something like a fish bowl. People would pick the one they wanted. I never could do that.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    Another seafood I like is dressed crab. Also potted shrimps.

                    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                    Comment


                      Crab is yummy!

                      Virginia, I've seen those places where you can pick your own live lobster. I never tried that either.

                      I do recall that it was fun boiling a (frozen) lobster. After almost no time at all in boiling water, the shell would turn the most beautiful red.
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X