Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July chitchat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #91
    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    By the way where do you stand on your dental work?
    It will take another 4-5 appointments with a gap of about 14 days between each of them to get the dentures. There's quite a strong chance that I won't be able to cope with them,but that won't be known until I get the dentures.
    Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
    the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

    Comment


      #92
      Sometimes with a denture you have to go back for adjustments, and I've known people who just don't want to bother going back for adjustments--and so the denture just sits around unused.

      Since dentures are so very pricey, though, I prefer to go back for adjustments if at all possible. Lately though transportation has been so problematic that I've discovered denture adhesives and am making do with one of them until I have a regularly scheduled visit to the dentist, and at that time I'll see if an adjustment can be made.

      I asked the dentist if it was safe to use one of those products, and he said they are safe. I've been very happy with that work-around though it's one more fussy thing to do each day. Worth it for being able to eat "real" food.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #93
        Tim, that is a lot of appointments. So, I really hope you can get used to the dentures. I have heard it is hard for some people. I do not have dentures, but I do have a couple of permanent bridges. After getting used to them I can't tell them from my own. Several times I have asked at the dentist office which ones are the bridges.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #94
          I have a couple of bridges too and love them. I've had one of them for 40 years. That may be some kind of a record. I'm hoping it will hold and not need replacing as it would cost over $10,000 now to replace it.

          Tim, if a bridge is an option, you might want to think about it.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #95
            Agate,unfortunately a bridge isn't an option - as I have no teeth.
            Last edited by Prot; 07-27-2025, 01:43 AM.
            Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
            the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

            Comment


              #96
              I'm so sorry, Tim--I must have overlooked that fact in an earlier post of yours. I think you'll be very happy to have the dentures. If they fit pretty well, you can eat all kinds of things.
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #97
                No problem,Agate. If I can manage the dentures I'll definitely be pleased.
                Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                Comment


                  #98
                  The difficult part is probably behind you, Tim--doing the molds for a full set of dentures must have been extremely uncomfortable, to put it mildly.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #99
                    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... ever see these?

                    Comment


                      Far too long!
                      Yet inside there is this perpetual nagging doubt;
                      the feeling we are possessed by a 'subtle lack of togetherness''.

                      Comment


                        Yes, it is long but I hope to catch the rest of it soon. It isn't so easy to find out about the person doing the talk but Dr. William Thomas seems to be a reliable source of information:

                        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          That is long but interesting. I got interrupted by a phone call.
                          Virginia

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X