Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT March Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Wow, Jeanie, talk about being overwhelmed...sheesh, poor dear.
    I can't believe his family has the nerve to ask for any money.
    Davids illness and funeral are still costing you money. Tell them
    to bug off..LOL

    Got an e-mail from Gary today, so he is ok, I assume.
    Haven't heard from Howie, either.

    Take care Jeanie and take lots of deep cleansing breaths.

    Hugs All...
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #17
      Jeanie, amen to what Sally said.

      Comment


        #18
        :) Hi everyone. I got David's Visa bill yesterday and the balance was $0.00 with NO credit of $261. I paid the February one of almost $700 and it had NO credit either. I sent David's sister and email asking her to call and see why he did not get the credit and if they gave it to her instead of him to please send me a check. We shall see if she comes through. Jeanie :)

        Comment


          #19
          Jeanie I wish there was something I could do to help....... But know Trish and I are keeping you in our thoughts.

          Thought that I better check in before everyone forgot who I am.

          The house is quickly nearing the finish line. They are working on the roof today (Saturday) as we are expecting a major wind storm tonight and I think they are afraid it will rip the tar paper off before they have a chance to put the shingles on. I signed the final loan papers yesterday. I have a really good interest rate so my payment is manageable. The loan person said that not to lock in yet they expect it to drop a bit in a week or so. Getting excited to move in. It has been a long winter.

          Been having some major spazms but so far that is all.

          We are getting ready for our annual vacation to the Oregon coast for the week of the 25th. Since we had the dairy when the kids were growing up any vacation was limited to 12 hrs so we could be home for the milking. My daughter has always arranged it and paid for it as well this year I gave her a check and deposited in the her account I told her that its not fair and we wouldn't go if she didn't take it. Son is coming home a few days early he doesn't know it yet but he is going to be put to work.

          Got to get ready to go to town to look at furniture. I am going because I was promised lunch if I go along.

          Be healthy everybody

          Comment


            #20
            "Got to get ready to go to town to look at furniture. I am going because I was promised lunch if I go along."
            That's very funny, Gary.
            My mom didn't have to teach me that one.

            My wretched landlords are coming through w/organic pest control.
            They took 10 years off to save money and then the poop hit the fan.
            I'm glad they are doing it but not at my place.
            I have no bugs and little help to move my stuff so I think they will
            get what I can do. It's a wheelchair thing.

            I pay my rent on time, ask for very little and don't sell crack.
            Three gold stars. Yup.

            Comment


              #21
              renee, I think you're describing the fine art of getting out of doing things you know you're not up to.

              I'm still learning it. Recently I was told it might be a good idea to have my carpet professionally cleaned--the landlord's carpet, actually, or HUD's--since I've been here 3 years now.

              Yes, it probably would be a good idea to have it cleaned but the people telling me this hadn't looked at it, it doesn't look bad to me, and furthermore the carpet is as old as this building (about 10 years) and I understand is due for replacement. I'm thinking of waiting until the replacement carpet comes along. Why clean a carpet that's destined for the junk heap?
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #22
                Amen, Agate.
                If it looks fine to you, let it be.

                Sometimes the couch potato's saying,
                "Don't do today what you can put off until tomorrow" has merit.

                Comment


                  #23
                  :) Hi everyone. Today would have been my Mother's 93rd birthday. My son Jim and I are going to Jacksonville tomorrow and stay until at least Saturday to empty out Mother's apartment and clean and patch the holes my sister left. I am not looking forward to being in the apartment again but it will relieve Bill of worrying about Mother's part of the house.

                  I have not received any refund from the credit card that is supposed to have the credits David's sister put on it. The titles have not come in the mail either so we have to wait to advertize the vehicles. Now Jim says one of the bikes needs a carbeurator rebuild, ugh!

                  My neighbor is going to park his car in my carport while we are gone so it looks like someone is here. My son Andy will come by morning and night and turn the porch light on at night and off in the morning and get in the mail. I will worry though that someone will break in.

                  The charging system the battery man put on my van scooter is wonderful. I have never had the meter go all the way to the end of the green and it does now. I can probably use it several days in a row without having to recharge.

                  I had an email from Maggie May (Leafwatcher's) and she and Stoney have a RV and have been in Texas for awhile with their grandchildren. They also take some side trips and will be back in Florida soon.

                  Y'all behave while I am gone. I will not be able to check on you while there. Please keep me in your prayers. All of you are in my prayers. Jeanie :)

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Hello everyone. I couldn't get into braintalk the past 6 months but received a birthday greeting today that brought me back! I won't go in to much detail today, but I will send everyone best wishes and prayers. I will check in more often...the past year was very busy and I am slowly trying to get back to 'my' norrmal.
                    Lorraine :)

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hi to All,
                      I have been absent this month until now. Just did not want to come on and be a downer with everything that everyone is going through. Actually, I just felt a lot of stress. Last month my oldest brother was in the hospital having heart by-pass, but I was more worried about the one here because they have already gone in and done two bypasses and some stents. He was having problems and I was so afraid they could not help him anymore. Tuesday they did a
                      catherization and put in 3 stents and did 2 angioplasties. I was so relieved.

                      Cherie, thanks for letting us know about Craig. I often think of him and had wondered what was happening. I also think about Stan the Scooter Man. Wish he would come back on board. I know Craig is not able, but was glad he has been posting on FB and able to keep up some.

                      Jeanie it sounds like Maggie May and Stoney are having a good time. I met them at the last Leafwatcher's up in Virginia. A very nice couple. She must be holding her on with the MS. I wonder if she is on any meds for it now.

                      Lorraine, good to see you back. Hope you are able to stick around and share with us.

                      Renee, liked your post regarding Starbucks and scones. You are right about being spirit poor. When I first came home and gave up "most" of my job (still do a little out of my house) I had that feeling. For me, it has been books that have helped the most. They don't take the place of people, but I do get lost in them, sometime completely. While waiting for the scheduling of the procedure my brother just had to take place I read most all the time. I get up out of the chair and do my housework, exercise a little and cook a little, but other than that the books have been wonderful to keep my mind occupied and for time to go by.

                      Jeanie, you are amazing. We will keep telling you that until you honestly know it. I really liked what Sally said about David's family, and I think you should do just that. If they can't see that you have your hands more than full then you probably just don't need them.

                      Cherie, glad your Dad is still plugging along and that you did not have to go back right away. It is a long drive.

                      Agate, like you I was not ready to give up that hour we lost recently. I have a harder time with this change than I do in the Fall. Having an extra daylight hour is nice, but since I can't go out and play it doesn't make much difference to me.

                      Hi Peg, noticed you right on the ball starting the thread this month. Thanks for keeping us going.

                      Sally, congratulations on the GGrand.

                      Gary, glad your house is so far along. Going to look at furniture because you were promised lunch? That would probably get me too, however I bet you have a thing or two to say about the furniture also.

                      I am another one who misses Father Steve. He was really just a nice and funny person to have on board. However, I do recall that he had begun to have a very hard time before he left. I remember him being in a wheelchair race one time. Like I said he was a good person to have around.

                      Hi Ann and anyone I may have missed in this post. It's always good to see all of you.
                      Last edited by Virginia; 03-21-2013, 07:33 AM.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #26
                        (belated?) happy birthday, whisper/lorraine!


                        Last edited by Mike Weins; 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM. Reason: deleted image per author's request due to broken link
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #27
                          Originally posted by agate View Post
                          (BELATED?) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WHISPER/LORRAINE!


                          Thank you. Not belated at all...right on time. Thanks for remembering.
                          Last edited by Mike Weins; 03-27-2013, 09:39 AM. Reason: deleted image per author's request due to broken link

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Hi everyone, Nothing much happening in my neck of the woods.

                            I had to give Kitty cat back to my Friend, because I developed
                            an allergy to this one. I miss her, but I don't miss being sick
                            all of the time. My friend tells me she is happy to be home with
                            her bros and sisters. She guards fav toy, that I gave her...lol

                            Lost 15 lbs so far on my slooooooow diet. Two lbs per week is
                            my pace and that is fine with me. I even cut way down on my
                            low fat CC Cookies to 12 per week. And I eat only Schwans
                            Livesmart foods. I like my new diet. Food's good and I'm losing
                            weight.

                            My MS is quiet, for which I'm thankful and my health seems
                            good.

                            I hope you are all doing ok and pray for you every day.

                            ((((((Gabriella)))))
                            Love, Sally


                            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                            Comment


                              #29
                              I thought it was time to stop by and check in. Now that I'm working outside of the house, I just don't have the time for this place or Face book or so many of the things I did while sitting at the computer so much of the time. I'm still at the computer a lot of the day but doing work related things on a computer that has only work related programming. It makes a big difference being in that environment and not being tempted to "play".

                              Nice to hear about Maggie May.

                              Not so nice to hear about all the trials Jeanie is slogging through.

                              Welcome back and happy birthday Whisper.

                              I wrote another article today for MS Views and News entitled "When Life Gets in the Way" which sort of describes the past couple of years of wellness and increased activity. MS is not the center of my life any more for the first time in probably 15 years. Life has gotten in the way of being a PWMS and for me and for now, that is good. (tried to upload the article but could not get the attachement tool to work. It will be on Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... tomorrow sometime.

                              Blessings to all...

                              Comment


                                #30
                                Cherie, this link should take readers to your article:

                                Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                                Thanks for bringing it to our attention!

                                I noticed in your "Aging with MS" article that you talk about a discussion you attended where a nursing researcher was the speaker:

                                One of the things that she said that really struck me was that most of us living with MS, will live with the condition for more than 50 years before we die.
                                This is such good news, at least for me. It means means I'll reach 89 or beyond.
                                Last edited by agate; 03-25-2013, 04:42 PM.
                                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X