Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT March Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Jeanie we continue to keep you in your thoughts.

    Cherie if you have to be absent then that is a good reason.

    Whisper glad to see you I have thought about you lately.

    Virginia it is nice to see you posting. Hopefully everyone will have chance to check in. It has been pointed out that all my taste is in my mouth. We have had a rule we follow, my wife never tells me how to build something and I never question her decorating ideas. She already know what kind of chair I like and that is all I need to know! I will go even farther...... I have NEVER shopped for clothes. Before I was married I gave my mom and/or my sister to buy my clothes and now my wife does it. Otherwise I would be wearing the same old jeans and shirt. I am spoiled I know.

    Greetings from the Oregon coast. We had an uneventful trip over and so far the weather has been unbelievably nice. Low 60's vs. low 40's at home. Today the group is going whale watching. Not me, of course. I get sea sick if I stare at the open ocean too long. It is nice to not have anything to do except play with the grandkids. It is amazing all the things that they are not allowed to do EXCEPT when grandpa is around!!

    MS is quiet and it better stay that way.

    Be healthy everybody.
    Last edited by Gary; 03-25-2013, 10:39 AM.

    Comment


      #32
      :) Hi everyone. I am home from my Mother's apartment. My son worked from the time we arrived Thursday until bedtime and then Friday from early morning until about 5 PM. We got all the stuff from the closets, cabinets, etc. taken to Goodwill in both our cars and then he vacumed and arranged the few pieces of furniture still there.

      Now the place is clean and neat enough to be shown if the high school does not buy it. Jim then drove home that evening as he had a job to do Saturday morning. I stayed until Sunday and did some more cleaning, etc.

      I had my 72nd birthday on Friday there and Bill and his brother Charles took me to Olive Garden that night. On Saturday my brother Stephen and his wife came to town and took me out for steak. I missed David's sweet cards and gifts, so it was a different kind of birthday. I never realized how spoiled David had made me until he is not here.

      I read all the posts here and I am glad to see what each of you are up to. I just can't remember who said what a lot of the time. I will be happy when my mind is less cluttered with things I need to do.

      I did get the campground credits on David's account his sister had said she credited so I got the $261. back. David has about 20 passwords for different accounts for on the computer.

      I cannot yet get on his laptop AOL to delete all the emails and spam he keeps getting. I can read them on my computer when I go to his screen name but they can only be deleted on his laptop. I have lists of the passwords I found in a folder but have not found the time to try it.

      I hope everyone has a nice Easter or Passover. David and I did Easter baskets for each other each year. I think I will use our 2 baskets and make up ones for my sons as they have been such a big help.

      I am so grateful to have this board and all of you. Thank you all. Jeanie :)
      Last edited by Jeanie Z; 03-25-2013, 01:06 PM. Reason: Typos

      Comment


        #33
        I want to share my good news with all of you: Pizzaguy and I got engaged on Friday at a special dinner at a local restaurant. The owner, who herself has MS, arranged for us to have a special corner and ordered an arrangement of red rosebuds and white wax flowers for the table and as a gift. Pizzaguy asked after we ordered and I said "I would be honored."

        The next day his mother took us out for another dinner to celebrate.

        On Sunday we flew here to Pittsburgh to celebrate w my mother who dearly loves PG. And she had dinner waiting.

        Being engaged is great- apparently there is no cooking!

        We are staying until my birthday on Saturday and will fly back home that evening to be back w his mom for Easter- and another dinner!

        Hello to all of you. I have been happy-busy but reading everything you write.

        Be well,
        Ann
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #34
          :) How wonderful!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. Jeanie :)

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Jeanie Z View Post
            :) How wonderful!!! Congratulations! I am so happy for you both. Jeanie :)
            Me Too!!!!!!!!
            Love, Sally


            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






            Comment


              #36
              Ann, what wonderful news!!! I am very happy for the both of you. How long have you been going with him? Seems like as long as I have known you, but can't remember how long that has been.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #37
                Belated happy birthday, JeanieZ!
                Last edited by agate; 03-26-2013, 06:58 AM.
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #38
                  so does this mean, you get free pizza?,, congrads Ann..

                  Jeanie, I am still holding your hand,, hang in there,,

                  well, winter does not go away,, I remember last year about this time, we were in the in the low 80:s, garden tilled , fields worked up this time mother nature is stuck, on stuck, I hope you understood this,,lol

                  not much else,,just checking in,,
                  " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                  Peg

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Happy Birthday, jendie!

                    ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY, JENDIE!

                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Jeanie, Happy Belated Birthday!

                      Jeandie, Happy Birthday - Looks like on time for this one!
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #41
                        jendie and others, my apologies for the missing image in the birthday post. I made the mistake of moving the image in Photobucket. I'm trying to get it back here but these things take time....

                        It may not be possible because the "Edit" window has closed for that post. So I'll post it again:
                        Last edited by agate; 03-26-2013, 12:19 PM.
                        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Virginia, I have known PG for almost 30 years. We dated when we were younger and then became friends and then dated again- we are each other's "person.":) We hope the engagement will be at least a little shorter.;)

                          Hi Peg! I already get free homemade pizzas. He started doing that while I fought w my Avonex injections. He was needle and blood phobic. Now he gives me 4 of my Copaxone injections (and less pizza).

                          Thank you all,
                          ANN
                          Last edited by stillstANNding; 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM.
                          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Congratulations Ann, I'm so happy for you two! Some thing are just meant to be. So glad you found your "person", hold him tight!

                            And happy belated birthday to Jeanie. Still holding you in my thoughts and prayers as you struggle through these tough times.

                            Happy birthday to Jendie too!

                            Today is also my father's 91st birthday. I miss him so much, but did get to speak to him (kinda) on the phone. He is so very hard of hearing, it is difficult to have any kind of conversation with him. Just want him to know how much I love him.

                            Sal, sorry you had to give up your kitty, but you gotta be able to breathe!

                            I have 5 cats, three of which are lovers, one who has slowly become trusting of us enough to come inside a little each evening for some attention, and one who is essentially still wild, an outdoor cat who will not let you get too close or touch her, but comes up to be fed. (I have managed to trap her and get her spayed so she cannot not keep reproducing and supplying me with even more cats!)
                            We have to feed the two cats outside, on the back deck, and because we put food out for them, we unintentionally end up feeding bluejays, rock wrens, a lovely raccoon family and a couple of possum.
                            Late last night, while sitting at the dining room table with my laptop, I looked up to see a beautiful fox on my deck eating cat food! Thank goodness there's no bear or mountain lion around here . . . I hope!

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Yes, Nuthatch, I am missing my doggy at DD's and Kittycat at DFriend's.
                              I was even contemplating bringing DDog back home. After giving that a
                              lot of sincere thought, I decided that it wouldn't be fair to either of us.

                              5 Cats, NH !!!!!! That a lot of poopy litter. How do you manage? ((((hugs))))

                              Happy Birthday Jeanie, You are now my age. Welcome to the OTH gang.

                              Happy Birthday Whisper.. I hope your day was nice too.

                              Congrats again Ann and PizzaFiance.

                              Pictures of new home, Gar Please??

                              All you other peeps...(((Good Wishes)))
                              Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-27-2013, 10:45 AM.
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment


                                #45
                                Sal, no poopy litter here, the cats are outside during the daytime to do any "duties". We live on a acre of land, so there's lots of room to "go", plus being in this part of California, we don't have snow or freezing daytime temps during the winter. We have kept a cat litter box in the garage for our lazy elderly cat. Previously, it was used only during rainy weather, but is used more often now that she's old. She meows at the door when she needs to be let into the garage.
                                Amazingly, we've never had any problems with cats marking territory, peeing in the house, clawing furniture or getting up on counters where they don't belong. Couldn't deal with that! We have rules here and the cats know that! After having something thrown at them once or twice, for breaking the rules, they "get it". They're like kids, consistency is key to harmony!

                                It's hard for me to manage from a wheelchair, so hubby has taken over all cat associated chores. The cats love him, me too!

                                Joan
                                p.s. The cats show their appreciation by bringing home the gophers and mice they catch . . . yummy little offerings!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X