Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Sally Re: Schwans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    To Sally Re: Schwans

    Sally I have never ordered any food from home and do not know anything at all about Schwans. I went on their website and looked through some of their items. I especially looked at the Live Smart items. Many of their items are for 6, 8 and more servings. Since I live alone and I believe that you do also, I would like to know if you just take out what you need or if you have to thaw all of something and then reheat it for a few days, kind of like eating leftovers.

    Do you order your meats and vegetables separately? How often do you order? Is it very expensive? I am pretty sure it would be more than the grocery store, but for one person maybe not too much.

    Anything you can tell me would be appreciated. I am not sure if I will do this, but honestly I get tired of trying to go to the grocery store and figure out what to fix. I would like to lose about 10 to 12 lbs. Maybe this would help. I don't know. I guess will power would play into it no matter where the food comes from.

    Thanks for any information you can help me with.
    Virginia

    #2
    I'd be very interested in this too, Sally.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      They have a bunch of single serving Livesmart entrees and this is what I
      get. I also order a bag of the diced chicken breast and a bag of the fahita
      cut chicken breast and the livesmart individual beef roasts. A bag of live-
      smart tiny roasted potatoes and the fire roasted vegtables.

      I don't get the family dinners anymore, because I ate too much..lol.. The
      individual is better. I also get the livesmart individual pasta and broccoli.
      I usually put some chicken cubes or beef roast in with it and that makes
      a meal.

      I also get their Fatfree vanilla ice cream. I only eat one meal per day at
      about noon. In the evening, I may have some icecream and a couple of
      cookies or lowfat pretzel crisps and a slice of cheese. Just a snack at night.
      Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-25-2013, 06:31 PM.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #4
        It sounds really good, but I would have to eat mine at night. I have cereal in the morning and yogurt or cottage cheese on a canned peach half for lunch. Then
        I have my big meal at night. This is one reason I have such a hard time loosing weight, but it would be hard to change my schedule. I have not been in the habit of getting up early lately. I look forward to my night meal and I might try doing this sometime just to see if it is easier for me, even if I do not loose any weght.

        Then you have to get milk, bread, juice and paper goods, etc from the grocery store.

        Thanks Sally, you gave me some good information.
        Last edited by Virginia; 03-25-2013, 07:37 PM.
        Virginia

        Comment


          #5
          I used to order from there (Schwans) all the time but have a grocery pick up now. I used to love their food they have these breaded chicken tenders and french that I could live on for life, mist if the single servings are good also

          Chicken
          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... strips


          Quick Bake Fries

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register... bake french fries

          And this makes me think I might want to do a quick order this is ice cream with cake in it

          Confetti ice cream

          Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...




          Abby

          I still only weigh about 60 pounds so this stuff might do me good esp the Confetti <smile>
          Last edited by Abby2006; 03-27-2013, 09:55 AM.
          Stand for something or you will fall for anything

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks Abby, but sheesh, those delicious items are not on my diet..LOL
            I do get their Fat free, no sugar added vanilla ice cream to go with my
            low fat CChip cookies, once in awhile.

            Virginia, DD brings my non perishable items or you can order that stuff
            From any online grocery or pharmacy.
            Love, Sally


            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






            Comment


              #7
              Oh Sally I'm sorry I'm struggling to gain in fact that Confetti just made me update my membership

              My nutritionst isticked off at me because I just can't make myself do her GREEN drink I've done 4 cases of the ORGAIN and believe it boost my energy

              I'm doing alot of healthly things but seeing that Confetti just threw my good sense out the window <smile>

              Abby

              I use this place for alot of my non perishable stuff - just got 12 rolls of charmin basic for $6.99

              My ORGAIN is cheaper there also

              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
              Last edited by Abby2006; 03-27-2013, 10:39 AM.
              Stand for something or you will fall for anything

              Comment


                #8
                You eat all that confetti cake/ice cream you can, Abby. With my permission.
                Love, Sally


                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                Comment


                  #9
                  Sally, one other thing I would like to know. How often do you order? Can you order just what you think you will need in a week or do you need to order more?
                  How often will they deliver? I have a bad habit. I see something frozen in the grocery store and I buy it and then it goes out of date because I don't really want it. I don't think this frozen food would be like that.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #10
                    They deliver on an every two weeks schedule,
                    so I plan and order for two weeks. It usually works out.
                    Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-28-2013, 08:49 AM.
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      #11
                      You can order to have it delivered by mail also I think.

                      Abby
                      Stand for something or you will fall for anything

                      Comment


                        #12
                        We used to use Schwans mostly for ice cream <grin>. I know my folks used to like "Lean Cuisine" I am a creature of habit and don't like variety. Lots of folks use meals on wheels and Schwans or grocery delivery. Even in our rural area they still deliver. For a very modest charge.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          This kind of thing can really be a lifesaver.

                          Years ago a friend of mine was freezing meals in individual bags to take to her father, since he was unable to cook any more. Most people don't have kindly relatives who are willing to do that!
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I looked into meals on wheeels recently and I believe they are now using Schwans (I could be wrong)

                            I just threw out my microwave after years of fighting with myself over how unhealthy it was I finally did it and I refuse to use a stove so bought a black and decker toaster oven and am having a ball. what used to g into microwave just thaws out and I put it in a corelle bowl (they are now oven proof) and still use frozen entrees if I want. I wanted a baked sweet potato in the worst way so baked one and got some organic butter (tasts totally different than land o lakes)

                            I don't like cleaning up ams so what do I use my stove for Storage, since I moved into this studio this kitchin is like the thing you see on airlines and there is no whre for anything so I had the guy unplug it (after I talked him into replacing it with a NEW shiny one and I store stuff that I don't have room anywhere else for.

                            Oh goodness now I'm hungry.

                            Home doctor will be coming nest week think I have caught pneumonia again

                            Abby
                            Stand for something or you will fall for anything

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thanks, Abby. I surely hope you don't have pneumonia!

                              ANN
                              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X