Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Sally Re: Schwans

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Hungry is good, Abby. Keep on eating! No need for pneumonia, definitely.

    I used a toaster oven for all cooking for a year or so when I had no working oven. It worked really well. They've probably improved since then. And it didn't heat up the kitchen nearly as much as the oven would have.
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #17
      Places like Schwans, microwaves, toaster ovens, scooters and such,
      make it much easier, these days, to grow old in your own home.

      I like that!!

      Of course, in the real old days, Families took care of their Elders
      and didn't ship them off to a nursing home.
      Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-28-2013, 06:25 PM.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #18
        Agate what did you cook in I wanted to use alum foil to line this cookie (tiny) sheet that I used for everything but I called then and they said do not put alum foil in toaster oven thn I wanted to cookmy new applegate farms (happy cows) and vhrckrf on line and it said hamburger could cause a fire,and Agate what are some of the things yu cooked?

        Cleanup and getting tired is I can see what will keep me from trying.

        Abby

        Been forgetting to mention I also got a MINI slow cooker and blender and when they arrived my bright ideas flew right out the window
        Last edited by Abby2006; 03-29-2013, 10:43 AM.
        Stand for something or you will fall for anything

        Comment


          #19
          It says online that, as long as the foil doesn't touch the coils
          or the sides of the oven, it's fine to line your plates and pans
          with it.

          When cooking hamburger, put hamburger in pan deep enough
          to hold grease drippings, so it doesn't drip onto hot coils. I
          suggest having your own hamburger ground using beef round
          steak (less fat). Or get Schwans already made hamburgers
          and reheat them in the toaster oven/microwave.!!
          Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-29-2013, 10:58 AM.
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #20
            Well I used a piece of foil to just line the little cookie sheet I use and the oven did not catch fire of course I sat right there and watched it the whole time, but thats really not a bad thing to do in my condition staying focused and awakw <smile> thanks Sally <hug>


            Abby
            Stand for something or you will fall for anything

            Comment


              #21
              I got my mother some Mirro aluminum toaster oven pans.

              They were less than $20 for 4 or 5 pieces.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                #22
                I will check those out

                Abby
                Stand for something or you will fall for anything

                Comment

                Working...
                X