Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - It's HOT!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT - It's HOT!!!

    Super hot here this weekend with the temps topping 111 today. Feeling for my brother in Las Vegas where it was 117 today.
    Thank goodness for air conditioning. I'm heat intolerant of course, but get in a total panic when the air is so hot that you feel like you can't breathe.
    Have another doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon, but will reschedule rather than put myself at risk. Besides, this itchy rash (yes, it's still here) sure doesn't need to be out in the heat.

    We have a doe with her two speckled fawns that hang out in our yard. They seem to enjoy eating the apricots falling from our tree. They were out there just panting like dogs today. Trying to keep water in the birdbaths for them to drink.

    #2
    Oh I agree,

    It is 106 today and 110 tomorrow. 111 is the all time record for the Boise area. But then we could be in Stove Pipe Wells, Ca., its suppose to be 129 and the all time hottest temp in the norther Hemisphere is 131 .

    More useless information to fill your mind................

    Comment


      #3
      Or Furnance Creek Califorinia,,

      I think hell would be cooler then what you guys have endured,,

      yikes,, Iowa is a whimp then,, we get high 90"s and complain,,
      " Don't outsmart your common sense"

      Peg

      Comment


        #4
        I think it was only 96' here today. Nuthatch, I hear you about cancelling appointments when it's too hot. I try not to schedule anything in the summer but some are unavoidable.

        People must choose to live in Stove Pipe Wells and Furnace Creek but maybe there are people who just love the hot sun.

        I've known some, in fact, come to think of it. But it's one thing to enjoy the sunshine and another to be toasted to a crisp in it.

        Somebody tried baking cookies inside a hot car in Texas:

        Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          We had 90s last week but this week we've lucked out with the
          temps in the mid 70s to low 80s. Thunderstorms are still upon
          us though. How did we ever live without A/C.

          Stay as cool as you can my friends. Even Nuthatches have
          to breath.
          Love, Sally


          "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






          Comment


            #6
            Yowzaa! Here I was complaining about mid 90's and we're expected to hit triple digits for 4 days starting tomorrow I would hate to be in one of those places hitting 110+ ... ewwwww.
            Last edited by Mike Weins; 07-01-2013, 10:40 PM. Reason: fixed typo :D
            Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
            Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
            Question: What's wrong with my account?

            Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

            It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

            Step 1 - log in
            Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
            Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
            Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
            Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

            Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

            Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

            Comment


              #7


              ((((((Cool Breezes Hugging You))))))

              Our dear friend, who is 91, lives in the high desert near Palm Springs, where a few days ago it was 124. Cooling trend there now ~ only 100 - 104.

              Why in the world would anyone want to live in Stove Pipe Wells or Furnace Creek? Let's just start with the town names and work from there! There's a reason why that location is called Death Valley!!

              Stay cool everyone!

              Love & Light,

              Rose
              Mom to Jon, 49, & Michael, 32, born with an undiagnosed progressive neuromuscular disease. Angel Michael received his wings in 2003. Angel Jon received his wings in 2019. In 2020, Jim, their Dad, joined them.

              Comment


                #8
                There's a reason why that location is called Death Valley!!
                I heard on the news tonight that it's 129' in Death Valley....
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I feel for you guys.

                  We didnt have a spring where I am meaning no one planted anything and thats called stealth famine.

                  Abby
                  Stand for something or you will fall for anything

                  Comment


                    #10
                    GUESS WHAT?

                    It's freaking hot again and it's putting the kabosh on my party head!!!!
                    and my hair is now one inch short of military, too. That's bad.

                    Nor is my garden enjoying the peculiar mix of hot, muggy and always on the verge of rain.

                    Welllll, nasturtiums are troopers and even if they don't flower, you can eat the leaves.


                    "Wilt not lest ye look wilted" -Wm. Shakesbeer

                    Comment


                      #11
                      We're having a yo-yo summer. Last week it was below average temps (yay ) and this week it's supposed to be higher then average temps (booo ).
                      Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                      Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                      Question: What's wrong with my account?

                      Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

                      It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

                      Step 1 - log in
                      Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                      Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                      Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                      Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

                      Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

                      Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        It's supposed to cool down to the mid 80s next week.
                        That's still too darn hot for me, with the high humidity.
                        Thank you Lord for letting me keep my A/C.
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          #13
                          its been a crazy weather pattern for sure, we need rain on our crops,,I don"t have central air to much in and out, I start relapsing,,
                          " Don't outsmart your common sense"

                          Peg

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Going from air conditioning into the heat is a shock, I think, and if you go back and forth from cool to hot during the day you find that almost as bad as staying in the heat.

                            In WA state the building I lived in for 26 years didn't allow AC, and I got used to cooling off the place in other ways, which wasn't so hard since it faced north and got only shade. The Puget Sound area usually has cool summers.

                            Portland (Oregon) is another story. It often has days over 100' but it has one great thing going for it--the nights tend to cool off.

                            For the last 4 summers I've been here, where there is air conditioning if I want to turn it on. I turn it on when it gets too hot to stand (usually after a couple of days of 90'+ weather) but try to do without it so I won't get dependent on it.

                            I'm really glad it's there. I wouldn't have taken this apartment without it.
                            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              OK we may have an itty bitty breather here, with temps in the low
                              to mid 80s, next week. Of course it comes with the promise of T-
                              storms and with that comes high humidity, So we are hoping..
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X