Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - It's HOT!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    I don't have ac either ... and it gets really obvious when the interior temps hit 90F+
    Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
    Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
    Question: What's wrong with my account?

    Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

    It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

    Step 1 - log in
    Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
    Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
    Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
    Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

    Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

    Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

    Comment


      #17
      Boston has just ended a 7 day heat wave. Fortunately, I was in PA at my mom's w DH2B. Mom has whole house AC. What a gift! Here, I am stuck in one room here or one room at Pizzaguy's house. We really enjoyed being able to move around a house and be cool -we even cooked!

      We arrived back home here on Friday night to very hot air and a wall of humidity. I was worried about TN! Pizzaguy had me wait inside the automatic doors while he stood in the taxi line. I jumped out when it was our turn for a cab. <I did not really jump>. Very excellent choice in H2B.:)

      I stayed one more day at his house as it is a town house and tends to be cooler than mine. I finally got really "home" this morning. So, happy to be in my own digs w our cats.

      Hoping you all get a pleasant, refreshing rain,
      ANN
      Last edited by stillstANNding; 07-21-2013, 11:00 AM.
      There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

      Comment


        #18
        ANN, how tiring it can be just trying to escape the heat! I wish you could have more air conditioning.

        That Pizzaguy is a real winner, no doubt about that at all.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #19
          We used to tough it out with fans and then witha sawamp cooler then window a/c units. The new house has central air. This is the first house we have lived in that had central air. I can not imagine life with out it!

          Historically this is our hottest month and driest too, with an average of .39 inches the same for August. Its a money maker for the utilities. The power meter should be read tomorrow. Not exactly read..... the new meters we started using are read from one computer system in Boise. Here in the wild west it is not unheard of having to drive 60 or 70 miles between meters and one person having several meters around their farm. I think we have 4 just at the dairy barns. Not counting the ones for irrigation pumps.

          More information that no one needs (or cares) to know......I know I AM hopeless.

          Comment


            #20
            Gary, central air is the greatest invention!

            Interesting that you have so many meters. In my citified way I've always thought of "one household, one meter" but it figures that a farm would have more meters.

            Electricity is amazingly cheap out here in the West. When I first moved out here I was astonished to find how many ordinary apartment buildings used electric heat.

            That would have been unheard of in Chicago or Boston because of the cost of the electricity.
            SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

            Comment


              #21
              WooooHooooo!!! Going to be in the 70s for the rest of the week,
              sunny and dry. I can live with that!!! For July in Ohio, that's is a
              blessing. 73 today.
              Last edited by SalpalSally; 07-24-2013, 07:22 AM.
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #22
                awww I want 70s We're approaching mid to upper 90s *mad
                Question: Why can't I post links or pictures?
                Question: Why can't I have a signature, avatar, or profile picture?
                Question: What's wrong with my account?

                Answer: You are in the "registered users" user group. This group is very limited in what it can do. This will annoy spammers to no end Just keep posting once you have been registered for 30 days and have made 11 posts your account will be "unlocked".

                It's really easy to put someone on ignore and it's strongly recommended that you do so with people who's posts you don't like.

                Step 1 - log in
                Step 2 - click on the "settings" link
                Step 3 - click on the "edit ignore list" link on the left side of the screen
                Step 4 - type (or paste if you copied and pasted it) the username of the person you want to ignore
                Step 5 - click the "ok" button on the right of the screen

                Easy peasy and will lower your blood pressure. One important note though, this won't hide quoted posts. It's an oversight on the developers part and it's not an easy thing to "fix." So if someone quotes someone you have ignored, you'll see the quote.

                Alternatively when you click on a person's name and view their profile page, underneath their avatar, there is a option that says, "Ignore this person". Click that link and then click the yes button.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Here in central North Carolina we have had some hot days - none in the triple digits. However, the heat index was over 100 a couple of days due to humidity.
                  Tomorrow is only supposed to be about 83 and in the mid to low 80s the rest of the week. Hope the weather man is not overly optimistic about this. I do not like
                  80s (I prefer 70s) however it is more tolerable than 90s are.

                  It has been the wettest spring and summer we have had in years. We have not had to be concerned about a drought. I use my air conditioning and heat all the time. I go from one to the other. Agate, you are a "better" woman than me if you can stay in heat for 2 days before turning on the A/C.
                  Virginia

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Virginia, there's heat, and then there's heat. My apartment gets absolutely no direct sun. Not great for growing plants but excellent for people like me who shrivel up in the heat.

                    When they told me this apartment faced north, I immediately said I'd take it.

                    Your general area has very, very hot summers. I've been in Atlanta and in Washington, DC, during some of your summer heat, and it seemed worse than the worst heat of Chicago.



                    Last edited by agate; 07-25-2013, 06:24 AM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Its now July 25 and we are goiing into a real cood down afterr a week of mid 90's (just bypassed Spring totally) Going to be in the low 60's, Nights are in the 40's

                      Folks ther is NO such thing as global warning there is a climate change going on it all has to do with the sun which us NOT a steady state star and is effecting our weather less sun spots the cooler the weather it will cange fuel aaaand will one day blink off for a few days after getting real hot and VERY BRIGHT ((like a lightbulb does) begore it goes out.

                      Thrn there is magma rising!

                      Abby
                      Stand for something or you will fall for anything

                      Comment


                        #26
                        And this is the Age of Aquarius..
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          #27
                          Nice day here in NC today. High 70s to about 80. Felt so much better. However tomorrow is to be about 87degrees and it appears it will be in the 80s for at least the next week. Oh well, beats the 90s.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #28
                            It's only in the low 60s in MA today and the heat came on. It's raining. I could do without this in July.


                            Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                            Comment


                              #29
                              The new NORMAL is really weird

                              NORTH POLE NOW A LAKE


                              Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

                              Abby
                              Stand for something or you will fall for anything

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X