Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT March Madness

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    OT March Madness

    Hi,, a hour early,, lol

    so my adventure begins,,

    My bladder is shot,, so they gave me 3 choices on how to handle this problem, I am opting for a Urostomy,, major surgery,, and it seems to be fitting, for me,,but the kicker is,, I have to wait 6 months, because of my blood clots,in my legs,,which I understand..

    Sam is fine,, she gets prettier everyday.. I will try, to post some pictures of her,,

    later then..
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    Peg, I'm so sorry you're needing major surgery. Maybe it will mean a better life for you after it's over. Hope so!

    As for the 6-month wait, that will give the weather time to warm up a bit, at least, so you won't have to be going back and forth to some hospital in a major snowstorm. (Trying to look on the bright side here.)
    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

    Comment


      #3
      Peg, your were right on time, here in the EST. So sorry about your bladder and
      I hope your operation is a total success and brings you much peace and less pain
      and worry.

      That March and Madness bit, is right on the money. Let's hope that this awful
      Weather front is followed by a Springy behind. LOL!
      Last edited by SalpalSally; 03-01-2014, 07:52 AM.
      Love, Sally


      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






      Comment


        #4
        I was late getting up this morning so I haven't had my full compliment of coffee. The good thing is I still have a cup to look forward to.;)

        DH2B is at the Dem Ward Committee meeting. They were electing people for the state convention. over 100 people showed up- many factions and "soldiers" from w different political ideas. Near the end a pipe opened in the ceiling and a black fluid and fumes filled the room. Pizzaguy called from the parking lot. They need an alternate space pronto- they were almost done.:(

        Rabbit, rabbit.:)
        ANN
        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

        Comment


          #5
          Hi kids,

          Sorry Peg but a Agate says.......... looking for something positive.

          Ann sounds like a sewer line gave way sometimes they are connected with a clamp type thing and a tiny leak will eventually corrode it enough to break. But its rare. When it does break black fluid and smell come out.

          It kinda looks like spring out the window this morning. I know winter is not over but......... I guess Calif is getting pounded they have been a drought for so long. Problem is this rain is not helping it comes so fast and hard that it does more damage than helps. When you only get 10 in a year getting 2 or 3 in 48 hours in dangerous.

          I am going to get the motorhome out of mothballs and take it out of its private garage here on the farm. We leave for Disneyland on the 21st. The kids have a phone that will act as a WiFi hotspot and we can have service anywhere we have cell service amazing isn't it? As we drive down the road the g-kids can watch Netflix. DD says she wants to make microwave popcorn going down I-5. Grandson as any 10 y.o. would do asked "Can we really go potty while we are driving? And we could take a shower?" SIL is right another epic family vacation.

          My MIL had a Zometa inj and it is causing severe pain. It is suppose to be for osteoarthritis. She wanted my wife to come down but she has a bad cold. The other daughter cant be bothered I guess. Anyone ever heard of this?

          Thats about it from down here on Tobacco Road.

          Comment


            #6
            Gary, the party line on this is that it was the sprinkler system and that the stuff pouring down was freon or equivalent. Yep, that's what I'd say, too.

            ANN
            There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

            Comment


              #7
              Goodness, only a few hours into this new month and you are all here!

              Peg,
              So sorry it has come to this. Not a suprapubic catheter? I would think that might be less invasive and more comfortable. JMO.

              ANN,
              I agree with Gary. Yuck!

              Gary,
              I have not heard of that reaction to Zometa. Maybe the pain is unrelated?

              Went to the accountant yesterday. She kept me waiting for 20 minutes then her next client came in 40 minutes later and I was outta there! She will finish inputting my figures later. I have no idea if I've overpaid or underpaid. I have no idea if my work income means I owe SSDI some money back or if my payment will be decreased and I was supposed to let them have copies of my schedule C and SE by March 1.

              It is looking more like spring with buds all over the Magnolia in the front and much of the lawn visible amidst the remaining piles of snow but temps are barely out of the teens and tomorrow night there is another storm forecast to drop 3-8 inches on us.

              Shoulder is better movement wise but much more painful in a lot of places from the deep work the PT has done on areas surrounding the tear in the Deltoid. Whole upper arm is full of bruises from PT working on it.

              Comment


                #8
                :) Hi everyone. I suppose this is the chit chat thread for March?

                Peg I'm sorry you have to have surgery. Gary I am sure your whole family will love their vacation. Gary I know all about brothers and sisters who will not help our parents. It is sad and puts more stress on us.

                Ann I have hardly made coffee since David died but I do like a cup now and then. Cherie I'm glad your shouder is improving and that your parents and sister are doing ok.

                Yesterday my ADT burglar alarm was installed. However they could not get into my attic as the AC ducts are all in the way. So they wired the main control panel by the front door at scooter level.

                They put 11 wireless sensors, 1 on front door, 1 on back glass door, both windows and door of the utility building, and all the bedroom windows. A wireless motion sensor scans from the front door to the back of the Florida room. I also have a button to wear on my neck for medical emergencies. Also a key fob to turn it off or on or use as a panic button.

                Of course going wireless is much more expensive. I had already paid for 3 sensors for the utility bulding $95. They wanted $30 each for the other 8 but I told them that was too much and I would get another estimate. Then they decided I only had to pay $75 for the other 8. The monthly charge went from $37 to $45.

                With 3 gangs in our neighborhood I feel much safer. My front door wood was messed up by a screwdriver when someone attempted to get in. And 3 times now since they stole my scooter out of the van I have found the van ramp door slightly ajar as they apparently ran when the van alarm went off.

                The ramp door has no lock but is hard to open manually unless you turn off the electric opening system and it does trigger the alarm when the door handle is pulled.

                My doctor only gave me 10 more days of antibiotic so I do not think my cough will be totally gone in 8 more days. Keep warm everyone. Jeanie :)

                Comment


                  #9
                  March Madness? That sounds like a place where I would fit right in, as long as I don't have to really march.

                  Peg

                  SS came through today, so I went grocery shopping. Got everything I need, and a few things I didn't. I am done for today.

                  Everyone have a great month!
                  "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                  Albert Einstein

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I've been gone & missed a couple of birthdays. Belated birthday greetings, Gary and Linda (Lazarus).
                    And belated thanks to all who wished me a happy birthday: Agate, Howie, Ann, Sally, Jeanie, Nuthatch, and Gary, and to any others I may have missed.

                    My son had said to come out to their house. When I got there they surprised me with a party-- complete with cake, balloons, an presents.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Storm stayed sorth and east of us and we woke to maybe a quarter inch instead of the 3-8 forecast. Temp is 18 but driving should not be all that impacted. From the map, it looks like Long Island got what the south coast of New England was due to get. Phew! Sorry for them but relieved for us.

                      Welcome back Parsi

                      Comment


                        #12
                        10 below and no snow- that is ok by me.

                        Jeanie, I just realized you live in the general Blue Front BBQ sauce territory.
                        A friend used to import that for me. THE best.

                        Sorry you have that gang garbage going on near you.
                        Seven people were arrested in my immediate neighborhood
                        for dealing in bad time drugs (not pot) not so long ago.
                        Not surprised. At least my local felons aren't big on guns and breaking
                        into po' folk apartments.
                        (Too much lighting).

                        Keep taking good care of yourself.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Peg, sorry about the surgery. I just hope that it does what it is supposed to do and that after healing time you will feel great.

                          Gary, sounds like all the family is excited about the upcoming trip. It sounds like a good time will be had by all, and that includes Granddad Gary - maybe even more than the kids.

                          Jeanie, I am glad you have the security system. I think you will be much more comfortable with it. I had one put in several years ago. I did not have the same situation as you, but just feel better when I go to bed at night and when I come in alone.

                          Ann, when I first started reading your post I was afraid you were going to say "people from the other party" were up to something. I was thinking this is just too much and then realized what you were talking about.

                          Good to see you Parsi. Hi Sally and Agate. Hi Renee - glad you didn't get the snow and ice.

                          Howie, sounds like you went on a spending spree. That would be hard to do on my SS. Thank God for deceased husband's retirement.

                          Cherie, if your taxes were to be in by March 1st, it sounds like you are going to be late. Glad mine are not so complicated that I cannot do them myself. But then I worked in accounting for many years.

                          It is so cold here. It got down in the single digits last night and the wind chill factor brought it down to minus 18 degrees. We had sleet yesterday afternoon, but today it is sunny and all the ice has left. It is still cold and will be very cold again tonight.

                          I go to the Neurologist tomorrow.
                          Last edited by Virginia; 03-04-2014, 12:30 PM.
                          Virginia

                          Comment


                            #14
                            :) Hi everyone. I read through both pages of this chit chat and wrote down posters names. Peg. Agate, Sally, Ann, Gary, Cherie, Howie, Parsi, Virginia and me. We are missing Gabriella, Rose, Linda, and a few more whose names escape me at the moment.

                            I am feeling very safe with the alarm. I used to sleep with ear plugs when David was here. He snored and we are less than 2 miles from the main runway for Palm Beach Int'l Airport and from 6 to 8 AM it is very noisy as they take off over us. Luckily the breeze is usually from the
                            East or SE and they take off over the ocean, but in the mornings when the winds are down they come this way. I don't want to use the earplugs so I can hear the alarm if it is triggered.

                            Renee Blue Front Barbeque is still in business but now it is in a very bad part of town so I don't go there anymore. The Publix grocery stores here now stock Blue Front Barbeque sauce. If you do not have it in your stores I could send you some. Send me a PM with your email, your mailing address and how many jars you want.

                            I am not doing any stove top cooking. I mostly buy things I can microwave or put in the toaster oven. I eat at least 2 Swanson's pot pies a week. I like them the best because they have a top and bottom crust.

                            It was 87 here yesterday. I sent my 84 year old friend in Cleveland an electic blanket as he has arthritis and has been sleeping in Jackets and mittens and under blankets and in pain and they still are in the teen digits.

                            I hope this winter ends soon for all of you. I am still coughing so I guess I am going to have to learn to live with it. I have about 15 more dust mite allergy shots but I have seen no difference using them. I'm going on 2 years of coughing so maybe I have COPD or emphysema. None of the x-rays, CT scans or breathing tests show any problem. Now I'll have to pray for a miracle for it to go away.

                            Take care and stay warm. Jeanie :)

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Thanks Jeanie.
                              Looks like Blue Front BBQ sauce is available on Amazon!
                              Now I have to get BBQ man to make some slow cooked Florida BBQ.

                              I hope that cough clears up sooner than later.
                              Enjoy the comfort of your alarm system.

                              -r

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X