It is actually 40 degrees here today but with snow flurries forecast for a couple days from now. Dave and I are doing a 2 night get away to Manhattan tomorrow morning returning Saturday afternoon. Taking the train. I am not really looking forward to it because of all of the walking and I am feeling quite fatigued lately (I think the pain and accommodation and interrupted sleep from the shoulder injury is wearing me down.) Yesterday's PT was particularly vigorous and painful.
We are home for a day and a half then leave at 7 Monday morning for a 5 night cruise to Haiti and Jamaica out of Ft. Lauderdale. Air is totally covered by sky miles and the entire cruise (minus a couple hundred dollars for taxes) is covered by points earned on previous cruises so....despite the fact that we are in a tight place financially at the moment...we are taking advantage of an earned vacation. That one I am looking forward to.
Spoke with the guy in the SSDI office on the phone this morning before work. He said to send my schedule C's and SE to him and he would review and send me a letter. He said they will take into account that there have only been 7 months since I started this job 20 months ago where I have made more than the upper limit they set for me and I have paid into Social Security each of the last 2 years and will hit retirement age in a few months will all go into the way this is handled. I refuse to be worried till I know what the decision is. He would not even hint what the outcome might be.
:) Hi everyone. Having the house alarm is a blessing. I am sleeping better.
Yesterday I went to the post ofice, the grocery store and my van scooter was in the yellow. So I came home and put it on the charger and took a nap. I got up later and the light on the charger was still yellow but the meter needle was almost to the end of the green, so I unplugged and went to Home Depot.
I put the ramp out and got on the scooter and put the key in and it would not go forward or backward. So I had to get the ramp back in and come home. It was after 6 so I had to wait until today to find someone to fix it. The first place the phone was never answered. The second one said to bring it after 1 PM and they would look at it. I also called the man who put the charger on it and he said he might be able to look at it around 4 or 5.
Now I am sitting here waiting for 1 o'clock. By the way DST changes this weekend. It is 79 here but supposed to rain.
Bill got a check made out to my Mother and to my brother's trust and to him as executor. His bank would not cash it. He is going to send it to me and see if I can get it cashed. Just last week I shredded my brother's will (he died 8/17/91). I do have copies of their death notices from the newspaper. If that fails I will have to call the issuer and get them to send another check made out to me and return this one. Jeanie :)
:) Sally I went to the man who put in the charging system. He took the scooter in and put new batteries in even though mine said they were fully charged. That did not fix it. So he took them back out, put mine back in and tried running it up on blocks, etc. He said it is the gears or the motor.
Of course when I have the least groceries in the house and no fruit and I have no idea how long it will be for it to be fixed. I called the Pride 888 number since they make Rally scooters and they said the nearest person who can repair it is in Ft. Lauderdale (35 miles away). They said they would have him call me but no call yet.
Tomorrow I am going to go to the ramp van place and see if anyone there can work on it. Parts will be needed so it may be a week or more. I hope not. I'm trying to think positive and know God will help if I do the legwork. Jeanie :)
Jeanie, is there a way you can have groceries delivered? Peapod, maybe?
I just learned about a Website where you can sign up for healthy snacks to be delivered once a month. Some of the snacks aren't really so healthy--fat content is a bit high--but they're probably better than most of the snacks available in supermarkets. And they're not your usual snacks.
I just placed an order--thought it might be worth a try.
I'll be getting Far East rice crackers, Southern BBQ sunflower kernels, dark cocoa almonds, and roasted sea salt chickpeas. Oh and honey macadamia pretzel pops.
Yes, I actually saw Robins flying to and fro, between two tall fir trees, right in front of my
window. I hope Spring is a longgggg season also, without the tornadoes, thank you, please!!
SOMEONE sure is in a posting mood today. Her name on what, 5 or 6 posts, and the last to post in them all. Well, I am sick and don't feel like naming anyone by name.....ah ah AH CH..SALLY..OOOOOOO!....so I won't. Sniff!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
SOMEONE sure is in a posting mood today. Her name on what, 5 or 6 posts, and the last to post in them all. Well, I am sick and don't feel like naming anyone by name.....ah ah AH CH..SALLY..OOOOOOO!....so I won't. Sniff!
That's Miss Sally to you!!!
Love, Sally
"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost
:) Hi everyone. Andy came over at noon and he put my house scooter in the van with the broken one. I then used my old house one that is making an awful noise when it runs, but I hope it will last until I get mine back.
We took it to the van place and they will call me. If it is the motor I would be better off buying a new one as the repair would almost be that expensive. I can't find any place here that carries Rally scooters but maybe I can get one shipped to me. I hope it can be repaired though as I like my old scooter.
I went to Home Depot and to the grocery store and stocked up, so I can stay home until they call. I am tired now so I am going to bed early tonight. Jeanie :)
Comment