Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT June Chit Chat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Infraction for law76: Insulted Other Member(s), in topic: Starting Tecfidera

    Hi everyone,,

    As always my thoughts are with Cherie in this difficult time,,

    Weather is a major factor right now,, we have alfalfa starting to blossom, and its time to mow hay, so between doctor visits this week,, and other projects,, this will get done,,Our garden has giving us pullin onions,, and radishes, how many of you remember radish sandwiches ?,, we were so poor, we had day old bread, and maybe oleo,, it was really good too,,

    Sam is fine,, she brings lots of smiles,, I really have to get a new picture of her,,

    We make the trip to Iowa City , Friday, to see about when surgery is ,,but a CT scan has to be done,, is this like a MRI ? but quieter ?,, I haven't a clue,,
    " Don't outsmart your common sense"

    Peg

    #2
    It just dawned on me that it was the first.

    Peg the cat scan it a donut shaped looking thing that you lay on your back while it whirs and klunks. Not a bit claustrophobic. Much easier and usually faster than a MRI.

    We went plant shopping today. Came home with what my wife and daughter call sad plants, they are marked half off for being half dead. Nice thing is our sprinkler system waters each planter as well as grass separately. There 12 stations on the automatic clock so everything gets the right amount of water.

    Comment


      #3
      I've had great luck with sad plants.

      Just have to pick the ones with an innate sense
      of humor about their condition.

      Comment


        #4
        This is the first? The first what?

        The first forum I come to each day?
        The first day of Summer?
        The first time I forgot to put on my thong, and I'm totally naked?

        I choose number three......
        "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

        Albert Einstein

        Comment


          #5
          And not even any pictures.


          Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Frog42 View Post
            And not even any pictures.
            do we really need pictures ?
            " Don't outsmart your common sense"

            Peg

            Comment


              #7
              Yah, vorking out vis Sven has given me zee buns of steel, yah? I vill let ewe use sum imagination, yah? Vhy do I also sound lik Sven, yah?
              "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

              Albert Einstein

              Comment


                #8
                Howie, say hello to Sven. I haven't "seen" him in a long time.

                Peg,
                When I had a CT done years ago, I remember a tube similar to an MRI. The machines probably have changed since then or my memory is faulty. The CT was less expensive (at the time) and didn't show the lesions (very small) which showed on the later MRI.

                This is what I got from Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...
                A computed tomography (CT) scan (also known as CAT scan) is similar to an MRI in the detail and quality of image it produces, yet the CT scan is actually a sophisticated, powerful x-ray that takes 360-degree pictures of internal organs, the spine, and vertebrae. By combining x-rays and a computer, a CT scan, like an MRI, produces cross-sectional views of the body part being scanned. In many cases, a contrast dye is injected into the blood to make the structures more visible. CT scans show the bones of the spine much better than MRI, so they are more useful in diagnosing conditions affecting the vertebrae and other bones of the spine.
                [Underlining is mine]
                Last edited by Parsi; 06-01-2014, 09:03 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Today was an absolutely lovely day....

                  It is our 46th wedding anniversary. Usually on Sundays we are exhausted from doing big farmers' markets on Saturdays but, this year, the weather has slowed the farm up just enough so that today was mostly free. We went here and there and just had a nice, interesting, slow, meandering type of day that was interesting. Perfect.
                  Linda~~~~

                  Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Linda, congratulations on 46 years. I love to see that. Real love is forever. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.
                    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                    Albert Einstein

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Congratulations Linda and DH of Linda, for 46 yrs of wedded bliss.
                      Love, Sally


                      "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                      Comment


                        #12
                        :) Hi everyone. Linda & hubby congratulations.

                        I had my son meet me at Thelma's house as I did not know if I would be able to get inside. I had to use the rolling walker and my leg pain made that awful but I made it in. My son Jim put together the rolling walker I had bought for Thelma.

                        Thelma was so cute. She got right up and walked down the hall with it and back. Then she sat back down and got up again and headed toward the kitchen. When she sat again she said oh this is so much easier. She even got up and sat on the seat of it. She is amazing for 103.

                        I had to wait until I got home to take anything for the pain. I am thinking about trying accupuncture for the pain. Take care everyone. Jeanie :)

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Let's hope we're all as alert at 103 as your friend Thelma, Jeanie!

                          Linda, congratulations on the 46th anniversary! A real achievement nowadays especially, when so many relationships don't seem to last very long.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Right on Thelma, right on Jeanie !!!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Congrats, Linda on the 46th.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X