Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MS & Throwback Thursday!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MS & Throwback Thursday!

    Is anyone else feeling achy/breaky , old, cranky, bored, stupid, tired,
    wishy washy and wonder why they're still here? My Family and
    friends must still need me to be here, is the only thing I can figure.

    I'm not sad or down, in any way and, for the most part, enjoying
    most of every day. A little lonely, but not necessarily for guests.
    Just missing someone else being in the house, like DH and Dog/Cat.

    Please don't suggest taking up a new hobby at my age, although a
    sordid affair is not out of the question..LOL!

    This is throwback Thursday...

    Just thinking about it
    and "The Way We Were"
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost







    #2
    Sounds like a "what's it all about Alfie?" Kind of day.

    Some days, as I get older, I am weary of life. That is strange as I rarely am bored. Just the routine of life can make us cranky.
    Linda~~~~

    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

    Comment


      #3
      Gosh, and thought it was just me! I'm still waiting on the "golden years" to start!
      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

      Albert Einstein

      Comment


        #4
        :) I'm tired of being tired all the time. I do not get much accomplished and I feel like I am not even making myself feel better because of not getting much done. I only do the have to items and the rest get put off. I am not suicidal but I am depressed. Sometimes I hate MS. I am not crazy about TV as most everything is gruesome except for game shows. Even some PBS shows are scary. I'm glad I am not the only one feeling his way. Jeanie :)

        Comment


          #5
          My eldest son got married this weekend. For months I had worried about every thing, what to wear, hair, are there going to be steps in the chapel or reception hall, and then there was the whole issue of the mother son dance that I can't do. I just worried about everything.

          The night before the wedding my son showed me a montage? That he was going to show in place of the mother son dance. He didn't want to take the chance of me falling. Good thing he showed me the night before because I cried like a baby seeing pictures of him and me doing all the things we did together when he was growing up.

          ……and I've been thinking about my pre MS life ever since. Damn MS I wanted to dance

          Comment


            #6
            I hear you Sally.
            I'll take an affaire du coeur any day.

            Is that a pic of your hubby/studmuffin?

            Hmmm-mmm.
            Last edited by renee; 07-18-2014, 09:32 PM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by renee View Post
              I hear you Sally.
              I'll take an affaire du coeur any day.

              Is that a pic of your hubby/studmuffin?

              Hmmm-mmm.
              Yes, but he is wearing angel wings now....er....I think/hope.
              Last edited by SalpalSally; 07-19-2014, 11:48 AM.
              Love, Sally


              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






              Comment


                #8
                Sally, a sordid affair sounds like just the thing to perk some of us up, however the men are in short supply. Well, guess we could pass Howie around, but then I don't think I could live "under the sea", so guess I'll have to think of something else.

                I think you just about summed up the way I have been feeling.
                Virginia

                Comment


                  #9
                  You guys are free to have my turn with Howie if that helps you.


                  Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Howie's not the only person around here in the male category. The others may not have been showing up lately but they exist. GARY, for instance?

                    NanMacan, congratulations on your son's wedding! I had no idea a mother-son dance was traditional or maybe I forgot. My son might be getting married next spring, and there will be no mother-son dance at that occasion either.
                    Last edited by agate; 07-19-2014, 05:27 PM.
                    SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      An affair.....followed by my name? Yeah, sounds like you are getting EXCELLENT advice to me!
                      Last edited by Howie; 07-19-2014, 09:36 PM.
                      "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                      Albert Einstein

                      Comment


                        #12
                        This thread is really silly.
                        Silly is a good thing.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Silly is the motto I live by.
                          Last edited by Howie; 07-20-2014, 10:35 AM.
                          "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                          Albert Einstein

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Thank you all fr the responses to my original subject.

                            Now, back to your sponsors of silliness.
                            Love, Sally


                            "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                            Comment


                              #15
                              Sweet pic of you and our DH, Sal. I'm sure you really miss him.
                              This is us long ago, if i can get it to download. Let's see . . .
                              Joan n David.jpg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X