Thanks, Sal, but that was long ago when we were young. Been married for 43 years and sure don't look like that now!
I am very camera shy these days.
I'm just figuring out how to download onto this site . . . I'm a slow learner and forget what I learn unless I practice it!
I love to see old pictures. That's one of the things I loved about Grassman (Mike), he shared himself with us. But I totally understand when people choose not to reveal too much about themselves on a public forum.
Speaking of old pictures, here's one of my mother-in-law taken back in 1920something! I still have that child's chair that her dolly is seated on in the picture!mom, chair.jpg
I would like to post some pictures, but do not have the know how. What do you do, scan them in? I can't even get one for my avatar.
In your message window, click on Go Advanced (bottom right). That gives you access to all of the bells and whistles here.
Then suppose you want to post a photo that is stored on your PC. I'll do one.
Click on the Insert Image icon that should be in the second row of icons you're seeing at the top of the message window. There will be two tabs in the box you're seeing. Choose From Computer, then choose Select Files at the bottom of that box.
You should now have access to wherever you store your photos on your computer. Find the image you want to post and click on it. The file name should come up in the From Computer box. At the bottom of that box, choose Upload Files. That should upload the file right to your post. If you want to center it or position it to left or right, you can highlight it and then click on Align Center, Align Left, or Align Right. (I've centered this one.) One problem is that some of the images (like this one) come out small. I don't know how to fix that.
Suppose you want to post a photo from a URL, and that would include Photobucket or any Website where you might have images stored.
You again click on Insert Image, but this time choose From URL. Go to the URL where your image is (while keeping your BrainTalk message window open of course) and right-click on the image. You should see a list of options. The one I use is Copy image URL--choose that, then go to your Insert Image box and press Ctrl-V so that the image URL will paste in that little window there. Then (and this seems to be important) remove the check mark you'll probably find where it says Retrieve remote file and reference locally. Then click OK at the bottom of the box. Your image should be visible in your post message window.
There's another way--using attachments, and you can use more file extensions that way, but I've described the way I find easier.
There is a limit on the size of the image you can post. Usually you'll be told when you're trying to post an image that needs to be reduced in size. If you're clever you can probably reduce it but I usually give up at that point and find a different image, or forget it.
The file extensions allowed for posting images in these ways are: .jpg, .jpeg, .png, and .gif.
Hope this helps. Others here probably have other ways of doing this, and I hope they'll clue us in on what those ways are.
I hardly ever get image posting right on a first try. You can play around with it and keep making mistakes--you can always delete them and start over.
About the avatar: Go to your Settings at the top right of the screen, then select Edit Avatar over on the right of the Settings screen. Select Use Custom Avatar, and choose Option 1 or Option 2.
It's the same kind of deal as for the images. You can choose an image from a URL or from your computer. If you choose Option 2, you need to select Choose File in order to go into your computer files and get your image.
Note that there's a limit on the size of the image you can post: 100x100 pixels or 30.0KB, whichever is smaller.
Howie, guess I do too, because I don't even have any pictures stored on my computer. But thanks anyway Agate. Maybe some day when I am feeling very industrious I'll try to get some on my computer and then on here. Just don't know when I am going to be that industrious, at this time.
Virginia, I have pictures taken with a digital camera, then to my card reader, then into the computer, but darn if I know how to post them on a forum, but I'm working on it....between naps.
I have a new digital camera, but don't even know how to use it. What I need is a teenager to show me how ALL of it works......darn kids!!!
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
I just got a digital camera too. Reading the instruction manual is difficult to put it mildly.
But I'm finding that taking pictures and getting them onto the computer isn't really that hard. I'm leaving the fine-tuning of the photos for some other day--
They automatically get stored in the My Pictures folder that people with Windows usually have for all image storage.
And that is the folder you'd reach into from here if you want to post a photo.
I have explained all this so badly that I went looking for something clearer in Forum Feedback. I didn't find anything.
Posting photos on this board isn't the easiest thing. Somebody could ask in Forum Feedback for a clear "How to" thread about how to post images, maybe?
My brother gave me my new camera, but I have no idea why. At the same time, he gave me a digital phone set. They are in the same closet as the camera. Things have to be simple for me these days. My learning curve is now a flat line.
"Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
My brother gave me my new camera, but I have no idea why. At the same time, he gave me a digital phone set. They are in the same closet as the camera. Things have to be simple for me these days. My learning curve is now a flat line.
Comment