Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

those greedy drug companies!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    those greedy drug companies!

    Only registered and activated users can see links., Click Here To Register...

    #2
    I couldn't read but half that until my blood started to boil!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      Scum of the earth!


      Whatever happens around you, don't take it personally. Nothing other people do is because of you. It is because of themselves. -- Miguel Ruiz

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Howie View Post
        I couldn't read but half that until my blood started to boil!
        Don't get too angry. The drug for that boiling blood condition has just increased in price by 150%.
        SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

        Comment


          #5
          Shame on them!
          There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

          Comment


            #6
            LOL Agate!!!
            Last edited by Howie; 09-20-2015, 05:21 PM.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              Why can't something be done to put a stop to some of this? The ONE time the government should intervene and doesn't or can't. Is there not a law against price gouging? I guess not.
              Virginia

              Comment


                #8
                Virginia, I'm sure there is, but someone has to call their attention to it. I nominate Virginia.
                "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

                Albert Einstein

                Comment


                  #9
                  Several sayings come to mind.

                  "To the victor belong the spoils."

                  "Charge whatever the market will bear."

                  "Every man for himself."
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    hello to all of us who need meds. to keep us alive. Recently One of my Drs. gave me a script. for Phenergan suposatories (?) I think the # was for 6. When Ken went to drug store they told him he may not want them when told the price.

                    Well, they were right. They were over a 1,000 for 6. When talked to Dr. he didn't have a clue as to why they were so high. He gave me a Script for Phenergan tablets and they were less than 5.00 for 30 I think. So far I have done ok with the tablets ,but even if I couldn't keep them down there was no way we could afford to pay over a 1,000 for that script.

                    Another one of my meds. had more than doubled ((nearly 400.$$ just last week)) When you try to get answers nobody is talking. I take a lot of meds., but guess I will be leaving some off. Mostly for blood pressure and COPD a few other things.

                    Right now I have so many loose ends on medical issue's my blood didn't start boiling. It has been boiling for several years and that is why my BP is so high and I can't get it down.

                    OK, now I will stop growling, somebody might hear me and figure out how to increase something else and there will be no more

                    Julia left to complain.
                    Last edited by Jo6; 09-21-2015, 09:03 AM.
                    Did you ever know that you're my hero and every thing I would like to be I can fly higher than an eagle
                    'cause you are the wind beneath my wings

                    for my brother Ben

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Howie,

                      I think I am the wrong person to try to do anything about what is happening with the drug companies. I can't even negotiate with my cable company very well.

                      My own drug is going to be in jeopardy in another 3 months and I am absolutely going out of my mind trying to figure out what I can do if that happens. I know many do not believe in the DMDs, but I have been on one for the past 15 years and the same one since June, 2002. I obviously do believe in them so for me it is a very devastating thing to be told that I might not get it.

                      Guess I am not a good negotiator, but especially about things that I feel strongly about. I get VERY upset and that is not good. Nominate someone else - maybe Cherie would be good. Besides Cherie we know you are not the least bit busy.
                      Virginia

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                        Shame on them!
                        Double that and add "spitooie"
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by agate View Post
                          Don't get too angry. The drug for that boiling blood condition has just increased in price by 150%.
                          Oh my, Agate. I nearly peed my pants when I read your response.
                          s
                          Jendie
                          I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Virginia View Post
                            Why can't something be done to put a stop to some of this? The ONE time the government should intervene and doesn't or can't. Is there not a law against price gouging? I guess not.

                            No law against this. But Hillary is proposing a law/way to stop this.
                            Linda~~~~

                            Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                            Comment


                              #15
                              If you read about the guy who runs the company...he was a hedge fund manager.....bought this drug company and boom! Raised prices.

                              It is always important to follow the money. It is the ones at the very top...buying and selling and making billions....that top 1%
                              Linda~~~~

                              Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says:"Oh Crap, She's up!"..

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X