Cassie is still alive and home! She got rehydrated, got a shot of antibiotics, got a shot of the equivalent of aspirin for cats, and sent home. Where, my husband says, she drank some water, ate a bit of food, and, when he called me, was sitting on the floor busily licking off all the "icky vet smells" from her fur. Tuffy (who was not nearly as sick as she was), also got a shot of antibiotics. They both will get some anti- diarrhea powder sprinkled on their food every morning. Cassie will have to go back to the vet in the morning to get a blood draw. The vet says she could have diabetes, or could have a thyroid problem....or it could just be that both she and Tuffy got "cat flu", and she just got sicker. I know there is not a lot that can be done for the diabetes, but I don't know about thyroid issues in cats. We will have to see about that when the time comes. But for now, they're both alive and home.
As for me, I'll still in the nursing home. I have gotten rid of the picc line (iv in my arm). So one less machine to drag around. Tomorrow I go to the wound clinic and ostomy clinic (same place, one after the other). The medical equipment guy was here, knows what I need, and will do his best to get a lift to us by Friday. Still waiting on word that visiting nurses are set up, and that I have a wound vac ready for me (this one is technically owned by the nursing home). Bottom line: lots of little deals to work out, but expected release date is Friday. Looks like I'll still have four furkids to greet me when I get home. Yeah!!!!
As for me, I'll still in the nursing home. I have gotten rid of the picc line (iv in my arm). So one less machine to drag around. Tomorrow I go to the wound clinic and ostomy clinic (same place, one after the other). The medical equipment guy was here, knows what I need, and will do his best to get a lift to us by Friday. Still waiting on word that visiting nurses are set up, and that I have a wound vac ready for me (this one is technically owned by the nursing home). Bottom line: lots of little deals to work out, but expected release date is Friday. Looks like I'll still have four furkids to greet me when I get home. Yeah!!!!


Please Note that my posts may have been arbitrarily altered by a Moderator and may not reflect my original content.
Comment