Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Computer vs Tablet --- who will win?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Computer vs Tablet --- who will win?

    I am so sick of using tjis freeking tablet. The writing is tooo small to read & I make way to many spelling mistakes.

    I MUST CHARGE MY LAPTOP ----- BUT I AM TOO TIRED TO GET & CHARGE ---

    My my, life is a b%tch. gonna ask one of the kids to get it.

    Thst is why we had children, right folks?!!

    (i really don't have the energy to go upstairs.

    Life happens.

    Peace
    The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

    That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

    #2
    Tablets are just TOO small for me. I've been using a laptop for several years, and I love being able to type on a full sized keyboard, and I can see the screen no problem!
    "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

    Albert Einstein

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Howie View Post
      Tablets are just TOO small for me. I've been using a laptop for several years, and I love being able to type on a full sized keyboard, and I can see the screen no problem!



      You said it, my sentiments exactly!

      Peace
      The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

      That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

      Comment


        #4
        Do Ipads count as tablets? I have only been successful with laptops.
        Mild Spastic Diplegia Cerebral Palsy and bad proprioception.
        My website for my original short films! http://cripvideoproductions.com/astrokeofendurance.php

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by funnylegs4 View Post
          Do Ipads count as tablets? I have only been successful with laptops.
          Not sure. I dont have an Ipad so i cannot compare.

          Yes LAPTOPS rule !

          Peace
          The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

          That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

          Comment


            #6
            The iPad is tiny, but the iPod is about the size of a small book. Still too small for me. I just keep my laptop plugged in because I use it pretty much in one place. But if I wanted to go somewhere with it, it will run on the batteries for a few hours....I think. I've never had to use it elsewhere. LAPTOPS RULE!!!
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #7
              An iPad is a mobile device but not the same as a tablet.

              My iPad (iPad2, one of the older ones) is 9.5x7.5". The screen is 8x6".
              SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

              Comment


                #8
                I mostly use my kindle fire these days. Type face and style is easily adjustable, and I've learned how to type pretty quickly with one finger. For long letters, though, and a couple of unique apps, I use my laptop. But since I spend she much time in bed,c the kindle suits just fine. And I take it everywhere. It is calendar, game, movie, tv center, and of course library, all in one.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Uppitycats View Post
                  I mostly use my kindle fire these days. Type face and style is easily adjustable, and I've learned how to type pretty quickly with one finger. For long letters, though, and a couple of unique apps, I use my laptop. But since I spend she much time in bed,c the kindle suits just fine. And I take it everywhere. It is calendar, game, movie, tv center, and of course library, all in one.
                  My wife has a kindle fire. Her second one as she wore the first one out! She takes it everywhere. She also has a Surface that I have sitting up by the TV in the living room to hook it toi the TV. A funny story: I handed her my laptop to look at something and she tried to run her finger down to move the page! My problem is I shake too much. I even use a wireless mouse instead of the mouse pad on the laptop.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    My problem with the laptop is that when I have tried them in the store I can't type well at all. I need a key board, which means I have nothing but a desk top computer. This brings on the problem of having to come into my office and sit in a straight chair to come on computer.
                    Virginia

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Gary, my husband's new laptop does indeed have a touch screen. Just run your hand down the page! And, Virginia, a keyboard. If you don't look keep the one on the laptop itself, you can get a separate keyboard, mines wireless, some plug in, that might work better for you.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Since I got my iPhone 2 years ago, I rarely use my Macbook Pro. This Christmas, Husband upgraded me (woo hoo) to a 6s plus. It is big but he thought it would help everything I do on it w the bigger screen. It does.

                        ANN
                        There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by stillstANNding View Post
                          Since I got my iPhone 2 years ago, I rarely use my Macbook Pro. This Christmas, Husband upgraded me (woo hoo) to a 6s plus. It is big but he thought it would help everything I do on it w the bigger screen. It does.

                          ANN


                          Thats so cool. I dont have a cell phone as it has been broken. iphone 6s sounds good. Gotta go to the kiosk iurchsed my last phone & see if i can trade it in for thr 6s.

                          Peace Ann
                          The early bird catches the worms~~~~~that means, I wake up early and have worms. lol

                          That's my son's words of wisdom to me! ! lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Cat, I know I am way behind as far as computers are concerned, however I am a good bit older than you. In spite of that I worked part-time since 1999 until 3 years ago. About 2 or 3 years before that I brought my work in house (accounting) and was still able to make some money (well a little) until my tremor got so bad I finally gave up. I was working on desk top with keypad in the office and also here at home using an accounting program. If I had a computer problem the people I worked for fixed it, so I never learned anything other than the programs I used. Now, to be honest, I just don't care to learn like I use to. I know that is bad, but I worked for so very many years that now I had just rather read and do what I want to. Occasionally, I find something that I want to read about that is good for my mind. I was mentally active for years past what healthy people normally are due to husband's death. I have not had anyone but myself to lean on. But as Peg, says I am still here. Anyway, that is the reason I just don't want to get too involved with computers other than what I know.

                            Another reason is because when I am up in the day I sit in my living room which is where I am when I read. There is an end table next to my chair and I keep my kindle and water or a snack there, but I do not have a plug in for a laptop in that area.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Ah, Virginia, I misunderstood. I thought you only had the desktop. If you have a kindle fire, you can go online, come anywhere on the web, post, get emails, etc.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X