Interesting. At the time of my first major attack, the doc diagnosed a first Herpes attack as well.
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
MS and HIV Meds : your thoughts and knowledge?
Collapse
X
-
I had Herpes Simplex 1 (coldsores) most of my adult life. When I was DXed with MS, it coincided with a coldsore as did my second exacerbation. At that point, I asked my doctor at the time for Valtrex, an antiviral very effective against Simplex 1.
I took that until the price rose to $8 PER PILL. This was before I got on Medicaid, so I stopped taking the Valtrex.
That was 16 years ago since I had a Coldsore, or an exacerbation. I always thought, and still do, that the Valtrex forced the Herpes Simplex 1, to return to a dormant state."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
I've had the occasional cold sore but I thought everyone got them.
Does anyone recall an active MS board that was going on for many years called MS Diagnosed? I don't think it's around any more but it was made up mainly of people who believed that the key to MS would turn out to be HHV6. I believe most of the members were in the UK.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
I had chicken pox as a little kid. Shingles once since MS was Dx. But I have never had a cold sore thankfully.Originally posted by Cherie View PostI've had Chicken Pox. And Shingles three times. and German Measles. and Rubella, and Rheumatic Fever, and Scarlet fever. All of these supposedly predispose to MS. OK....I GET IT!
Comment
-
I had chicken pox, mumps, measles and German measles as a kid. The worst was the measles.
For quite a while there was a theory floating around that measles might lie dormant in the body for years and then turn up as MS but they gave up on that idea. There were too many people with MS who'd never had measles.SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.
Comment
-
Still, it's possible that some childhood disease, especially one that invades the brain or nervous system in any way, reactivates and causes what we call MS. They will know ONE day.
Every part of the body is also fed by the circulatory system, and then that ol' Blood Brain Barrier comes into play to protect the brain. That was a point of interest one time.Last edited by Howie; 04-19-2016, 09:07 AM."Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."
Albert Einstein
Comment
-
Originally posted by Cherie View PostI've had Chicken Pox. And Shingles three times. and German Measles. and Rubella, and Rheumatic Fever, and Scarlet fever. All of these supposedly predispose to MS. OK....I GET IT!
LololololOLOL,lLove, Sally
"The best way out is always through". Robert Frost
Comment

Comment