Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lazy eye/difference in size

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Lazy eye/difference in size

    For the last year or so my left eye appears noticeably larger than the right. We all have one eye that's bigger but now it's literally showing up.
    It also appears crossed or lazy in most of my pictures. It's so dreadful I beg people to let me see any pictures taken. Any input would be appreciated

    #2
    Welcome, Petpuppy.

    Are you in the MS boat? If so, I am truly sorry.

    As far as the eye, I don't know any MS reason for a size difference. Lots of eyepain/ vision problems but not one becoming larger.

    Have you seen an MD about it?

    Regards,
    ANN
    There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

    Comment


      #3
      Welcome back, petpuppy!

      I've had the eye problem you're talking about--for years. I've avoided saving any photos where it shows but my eyes often look weird in a photo or if I look in a mirror. My left eye veers off to one side and sometimes has a glassy appearance. Sometimes one eye seems larger than the other, and a droopy eyelid shows up too, now and then.

      It seems to be part of this disorder.

      Being able to see tolerably well is something I really appreciate. As long as my eyes let me see enough to get along, I don't care that much what they look like.

      It's an attitude that comes over you if you've had this MS for a while. You just stop caring how you look. We've been talking about how much attention we give or used to give to professional hair and nail care and to clothes, for instance. Seems as if a lot of us have given up on caring much about shoes, clothes, or our hair and nails--or we never cared much about them to begin with.

      But there are occupations and situations where your appearance really matters. If you happen to be in one of those, I can understand that you'd be concerned.

      MS plays havoc with your appearance and your self-esteem in many ways. Not fun.
      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

      Comment


        #4
        I was diagnosed with ms on 2003. When I was working i often had to take steroids and I came to the point where I didn't worry or care about my weight or appearance. This eye situation bothers me because had it not been for photos at family gatherings I wouldn't have known that's how I'm looking. I wish I could have the attitude that I'm just going to be grateful for what I have but it bothers me everyday. I was just wondering if others were experiencing it. Thanks for the feedback

        Comment


          #5
          Well, if you're talking about photos, they can catch you at odd moments and misrepresent you.

          In the normal course of your vision, your eyes are in strange positions sometimes without your realizing it. The camera may have captured one of those times. I'm wondering how many photos show this? All of them, and are they recent?

          If it's not just photos but something you've seen in a mirror, or something someone has mentioned,MS can do things to us that we aren't aware of unless we look in a mirror, have a photo taken, or someone lets us know. We're numb in places, and sometimes the numbness comes and goes--so we're not always numb. We may be numb but parts of us can still move, but we don't know how those parts are moving.

          I've noticed a hand, an arm, or a leg in a very weird position when I look at it. I had no idea it was that way until I happened to look. In fact, some of those positions are so weird that I never knew my hand or arm or leg could do that. What a surprise.

          There's just never a dull moment.
          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

          Comment


            #6
            :) Hi Petpuppy I hope you will have an eye doctor check it. When I started seeing bright spots in my right eye I just thought I had optic neuritis. BIG mistake.

            My retina was detaching and I almost lost sight in that eye. I had emergency surgery to place a buckle on the retina. After my vision was 20/400 or legally blind in that eye.

            With glasses it is 20/200 but still legally blind. I also had to have both eyes operated on for cataracts. My left eye is 20/25 with glasses.

            Glad you are back with us. Jeanie :)

            Comment


              #7
              Petpuppy,

              Another possibility is Graves disease, a thyroid auto- immune disease. The eyes often look big and surprised. One can look larger than the other. There are many signs and symptoms w this disorder so seeing a doctor who knows you, would be a start. Time is important. Read about it and see what you think.

              ANN
              There comes a time when silence is betrayal.- MLK

              Comment


                #8
                I have lazy eye and it squints more than the other.
                Love, Sally


                "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                Comment


                  #9
                  Sally, you weren't born with a lazy eye, probably? Neither was I. Some people are but in others it shows up for some reason (like MS).

                  When my left eye is wandering off to the side, my vision in that eye is blurred.
                  SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The eye Doc said I was born with it???
                    Love, Sally


                    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                    Comment


                      #11
                      I developed 6th cranial nerve palsy and ON in my right eye when a major MS flare in 1998, I was finally dx in mid-September. The ON cleared up, but the palsy flares up when I'm stressed or over heated, my lovely residual. There are times when I have noticed that one of my pupils is larger than the other. I can't remember which one, but it's always the same side.

                      Vision problems started before the summer of '98, but it was more pronounced during the warm season.
                      s
                      Jendie
                      I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Because of the squint, thus the smaller eye.
                        Love, Sally


                        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                        Comment


                          #13
                          I have that pupil size difference too.
                          SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I had Bell's Palsy way back, long before being diagnosed with MS (although I had MS). Anyway, I have had what Petpuppy is talking about since then. Sometime it is much more noticeable than at others, but for me it is always there. The left eye is smaller. Before the MS problems started being so bad I was very conscious of it. Now it is lower on the list of things that bother me. Usually, if I have something going on with the MS or sinus in the face it is worse on that side also.
                            Virginia

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I had Bell's palsy. But long after I was Dx with lazy eye and MS.
                              Love, Sally


                              "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X