Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

tongue bitting,age and MS

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by Virginia View Post
    I am not sure you develop it at that age, however it is possible to have it and not be diagnosed until you are that old. I was 63 when diagnosed.
    Exactly right!
    Love, Sally


    "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






    Comment


      #17
      Howie, my MS was not "late onset MS". It was plain and simple failure on PCPs part to send me to Neurologist for more than 25 years before that. It is well documented that I was complaining of symptoms, however I didn't know what was wrong with me and did not have my records or the knowledge to go through them to put it all together.

      I did not expect the PCP to diagnose MS, however with all the information he had, if he had just looked back to see what my visits were about, then he should have known that I had a neurological problem. When I went to a Neurologist I did so on my own without records and still was quickly (for MS) diagnosed. The PCP told me that I was the perfect picture of health and couldn't have anything much wrong with me. At one point he told me he thought it was a cyclical thing, that I only came to see him occasionally. Well, that was because he never did anything for me! Although I must have been quite a bit because when I read my records there was a ton of stuff in there.
      Virginia

      Comment


        #18
        I bite my lip when I eat too!
        Love, Sally


        "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






        Comment


          #19
          my mom was dxd with MS at age 64, but the doc thinks she had had it for a while without realizing it.
          s
          Jendie
          I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

          Comment


            #20
            On the other end of the spectrum, the first support group I attended had a girl that was DXed at 16. Can you imagine? She was severely disabled, but sweet as could be. Her mom and dad were her constant care givers.
            "Given the millions of billions of Earth-like planets, life elsewhere in the Universe without a doubt, does exist."

            Albert Einstein

            Comment


              #21
              I wish doctors would have dx me by 16 or even 20. I had a heavy disease burden by 29 and allergic to AB&C
              s
              Jendie
              I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by jendie View Post
                I wish doctors would have dx me by 16 or even 20. I had a heavy disease burden by 29 and allergic to AB&C
                Does that mean that Rebif has been out of the question for you as well? I understand that Rebif is Avonex but delivered subcutaneously. Would one of the newer MS drugs be an option?
                SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by SalpalSally View Post
                  I bite my lip when I eat too!
                  So I'm not clumsy,l just crazy! LOL!
                  Love, Sally


                  "The best way out is always through". Robert Frost






                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by agate View Post
                    Does that mean that Rebif has been out of the question for you as well? I understand that Rebif is Avonex but delivered subcutaneously. Would one of the newer MS drugs be an option?
                    I tried Rebif before the local Neuro had me try Avonex. He was just so sure I wouldn't be allergic to it since it was a different kind of injection.
                    s
                    Jendie
                    I've been a member of this forum during its different incarnations since I was dx in 9/98

                    Comment


                      #25
                      But apparently you were allergic?

                      I remember asking if any of the reactions to Avonex or Copaxone were allergic reactions--particularly the IPIR or immediate post-injection reaction that some people have with Copaxone.

                      The nurse on the line at Shared Solutions claimed that people aren't usually allergic to Copaxone. I heard the same thing about Avonex. An allergic reaction must be quite rare.

                      She did say that the IPIR is "like an allergic reaction."
                      SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2001-2004. Copaxone 2006-2009. Glatopa (glatiramer acetate = Copaxone) 12/20 - 3/19/24.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X